Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

family of veggies
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 24, 2008 06:07PM

Hi everyone,
My name is Learya. I am new to this site but not new to vegetarianism. My mother, brother and I were raised as veggies. I am coming to this site because we are searching for a new and healthier way of eating to hope to solve some new medical issues. Me? I am trying to wean off the processed foods. My mother has been experiencing a lot of joint pains recently. She is in her 60's now and wants to find a natural way to help her feel better. My brother is a devote veggie until it comes to drinking. He tends to really enjoy his beer and it has become a real problem lately. They both know I am writing this and are eager to hear the responses.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: family of veggies
Date: March 24, 2008 07:29PM

Hi Learya,
Welcome here.
I am thinking your family might be very successful at eating raw because as you said you were raised vegetarian to begin with.Thats a big step in the right direction in my opinion.Tell your brother I can really understand the beer thing! I used to eat salads all week long,but come the weekend put a whole case of beer down followed by pizza.It was this flip-flop way of eating that I have a feeling many,many people struggle with.I gave up the beer,but the pizza and junk I still struggle with.I try to balance it all out with LOTS of greens,fruit,sprouts....literally nothing but LIVE foods.I hope to be totally raw by years end.
I guess thats all for now.
I will check in on your posts and give more feedback if I can.
smiling smiley
Brian

Date: March 25, 2008 08:17AM

Hello Family of veggies

wow seems like we all have our favorite non-veggie and raw foods. I think for many of us, the beer and pizza is something you outgrow..

best o luck

I am starting to go raw again, been mostly veggie for 5 years but once in a while my body seemed to realy need the meat, during long cold winter..nit much meat..so I think there is a pacing in the transition from one style of eating and living into another.

have fun

arthur

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: March 26, 2008 02:22PM

Welcome. There is a lot of great support and info on this site. It has played a key role in my transition.

Date: March 26, 2008 11:32PM

Hi, I'm finding a lot of help on this site. My brothers name is Jason. He had a couple of questions for you Brian. He would do this himself, but for one,I am the on with the computer. He lives with my mom,and only gets secondhand what I am learning here. He is glad he is not the only one with the urge to drink. I have read of a couple of people with the same problem. He wanted to know how long after starting the raw eating did it take to quit the beer. He is trying really hard, but having trouble with it.
Also anyone out there have joints pains or any other kind that were made better with the raw diet. I know there are no quick fixes. I appreciate any kind of help I can get.

Learya

p.s. still not sure how to use this site very well.

Date: March 26, 2008 11:46PM

Learya,

I would say it was about 2 years after I started increasing the fruits and veggies in my diet that it finally won over the urge to put poison in my body.But as far as pizza and even cheese sandwiches,I still struggle.Tell Jason to never give up,because the fresh live foods WILL win over the beer one day.Its almost guaranteed that it will.Because beer is totally dead.
Believe me,I WISH they would replace all the coffee and donuts in those AA meetings with platters of fresh veggie sticks!
About other health issues...my mother says her blood sugar,cholesterol, and joint pains are all improving.She is switching over to a raw diet too.
I feel a raw diet can help health issues get better all across the board.
Brian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2008 11:49PM by Raw1228.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables