Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

going raw in the desert (Mexico)
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 21, 2008 08:04AM

I am looking for ideas - how to maintain a raw food diet where fresh, raw foods are quite limited in variety. I can only eat so much cabbage, carrots, tomatoes and oranges. Even when I go in town, the selection will still be quite limited. I will not be able to garden very much. Your suggestions will be much appreciated.

Sunnylady

PS Are nopales okay to eat raw?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: going raw in the desert (Mexico)
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: November 21, 2008 05:24PM

hi sunny ..not sure how to go about doing what your doing ... how come you cant garden much ? ie .. time rescritions? water restrictions?

here is a link to some raw nopales stuff

[goneraw.com]

smiling smiley

i love gardening i always thought it would be a neat challenge to turn a desert area into an oasis smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: November 22, 2008 04:20AM

Hi - I'm in Utah and we have Squat for anything fresh in the winter time!! I have to really shop around to find enough variety to keep things interesting...and healthy. Good luck! Thought of starting your own indoor garden? The thought has crossed my mind...

Date: November 23, 2008 04:01AM

Thanks for the link to the recipes for nopales. My friends in the village will think I am nuts, but I am eager to try my hand at these recipes.

If I could find local help, then the garden might be a possibility. Interest level, travel to U.S., and other activities would hinder me from starting a garden on my own. Making sprouts will be a viable option, however.

Thanks for all the responses to my post!

Date: March 05, 2009 05:51AM

Try taking lots of dates...the fiber is wonderful, and even though they seem like they are not very 'juicy' or watery they last forever. In the middle east, (historically) nomadic cultures cross entire deserts surviving on dates. Not just surviving but thriving. Also, dried and then rehydrated coconut. Fruit is usually pretty abundant in Mexico too. Good luck with your journey!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables