Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

'metaphysical detox'
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 22, 2008 11:06AM

Do any of you have any advice as to how someone might do a thorough cleansing of mind, body and soul? A metaphysical detox, if you will. This is not a facetious question, and although I might be new to this forum, I have every reason to trust your judgment: a good friend trusts you, too. Sometimes in a person's life, they need some positive messages for a change. My usual support is gone, what is your wisdom or stories? I'm in trouble here, guys.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 'metaphysical detox'
Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: December 22, 2008 06:10PM

I'm going to attempt this at the beginning of the new year. My plan is as follows:

1. For my soul/spirit: Since I have experimented with various religions and types of spirituality, I am going to simplify this year and focus on love, meditate on love, try to incorporate love into as many aspects of my life as possible, beginning with loving my self (which I anticipate will be a little difficult, since I habitually sabotage myself in many areas of my life), and allowing love to permeate out to my family, friends, work, the community and farther.

2. For my body, I am going 100% raw (again) at the first of the year, knowing the signs of detox and allowing myself to be with these signs and knowing that I am purifying my body. In addition I intend to get back to the gym (which I enjoy but do not prioritize) on a regular basis and log my progress in fitness.

3. For my home, I have checked out an organization book which looks like it will be helpful for me and my personality type, and am utilizing it for organizing my physical space.

4. Also for my soul, I plan to take at least two trips by myself to just be me (I have a family but neeeeeeeed time to myself once in a while).

5. My occupation: I do not do for work what I am passionate about: I serve SAD food to snobs. I do like the restaurant business in general, but I am evaluating my current situation and looking for alternative options, including opening my own restaurant. My "real" passion is art.

I'm sure I'll add more to this list as I think about what I need for my health and wholeness, but this is a start for me. I know how you feel: I have been without a support system many times throughout my life, and this is why I figure that no matter what, I need to start my cleanse with loving my spirit into optimum being, because no matter who else is or isn't there, I always am.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Date: December 25, 2008 12:24AM

Thanks for the good advice. I also suffer from a lack of organization, have a habit of self-sabotage, and have to do something that is not my passion fo work, also for jerks. I'm starting to wonder what is wrong with our society. There seems to be a poison flowing through us all--my best guess is it stems from fear, jealousy, anger, insecurity, pain, etc. So that is why you have a REALLY good point about focusing on love. Love gives us strength and courage and gives us purpose in our lives. The trick is keeping the relationships that stem from that love envigorated and healthy, at least for me. One can suffocate another with 'too much love' (or bad boundaries/co-dependency).

Thanks for the reply. I'm hoping more people will chime in so we can feel a little less alone out there/here?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/2008 12:24AM by reluctanttraveller.

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: December 25, 2008 12:58PM

Yeah, it's bad enough when we set ourselves up, but there is also so much in society that is a detriment to what is truly important in life. There's definitely a battle to always be fighting, it seems.

I hear you about the suffocation thing. I tend to feel suffocated when someone who loves me tries to control me. Fortunately, this is not happening in my current relationship. I have (finally) figured out how to express my need for space in a way that is not a threat to the relationship.

Date: January 03, 2009 11:40PM

Eat as pure a food as you possibly can.
Get sunshine every day if you can.
Drink pure clean water.
Walk outside every day if you can.
Cry a river of tears at any time the urge might hit.
Find a place out in nature,alone,and ASK your higher power to talk to you.
Write down in a journal any and everything that is said to you.And give thanks for what you do have.

I have found recently that the above steps are a good base point to start from when you are in need of a shift in your life direction.

Brian

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables