Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Interested in going raw in Wa.
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 21, 2010 06:17AM

Hi my name is Kelsey and I have been dabbling in the concept of a raw diet. I had an allergy panel many years ago and was diagnosed with severe allergies to dairy and eggs. I have never been a big meat fan, and found it interesting that I had no allergies what so ever to any whole foods! It is like my immune system wants so much for me to go raw a long with the rest of my body. I have been on and off the vegan wagon more times than I can count. Cheese is my cryptonite! I am very busy and quite atheletic so I want to make sure I am taking in enough nutrients for that type of life style. Anyone else out there just getting started on the raw transformation?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Interested in going raw in Wa.
Posted by: Trive ()
Date: January 21, 2010 05:22PM

Hi, Kelsey! Welcome!

I haven't had any allergic reactions since going raw either. It's great.

To reassure yourself about getting enough nutrients you can plug in the foods you eat in each day on a site like fitday, nutritiondata, nutridiary, or Cron-o-Meter. (You don't need to get every nutrient every day. It averages out. Like, I don't get much selenium in foods grown where I live, but one Brazil nut goes a long way to fixing that.)

I've been raw about seven months now - not really new to it any more, but still loving how it makes me feel. Best wishes to you on your raw transformation!

My favorite raw vegan

Re: Interested in going raw in Wa.
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 31, 2010 04:43PM

Hi Kelsey,

Carol Alt talks about raw cheese in her book, "Eating in the Raw."

You might want to google: raw cheese

Hope this helps.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables