Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Newbie in Arizona
Posted by: desert_om ()
Date: March 27, 2010 08:04PM

Hi everyone! I'm so excited to find this support group. I'm about 2 weeks new to raw food. Heard about it through the grapevine for years-- as far back as 2001 when Woody Harrelson came to our college campus to talk about how much healthier he was since going raw. What really motivated the change recently for me to go to raw foods: I started practicing yoga again and saw a copy of Raw Food Detox Diet at the studio... I've struggled with my weight since middle school-- and recently I'm noticing health problems showing up that I think are related to the fat and sugar in my diet, and the animal products.

So far I love the energy and optimism I'm feeling from the diet change... also having the emotional detox I've heard about-- sometimes am depressed, edgy, "empty" feeling, or a little too hyper (I noticed I need to watch it with raw cocoa). I want to see through the tough times, though-- it's taken me several days to feel truly committed to this change because I trust that there is something amazing on the other side of this challenge.

Just wanted to introduce myself and meet raw foodists out there! Any advice for a newbie???

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Newbie in Arizona
Posted by: Trive ()
Date: March 28, 2010 05:23AM

Advice? You are already doing it!

(My advice would have been to take part in a raw food forum for information and support.)

Like you, I struggled with weight and experienced health problems because of my diet. Now I am at a good weight (although not skinny) and am not experiencing the health problems I was. In fact, I feel great. I hope things settle down for you emotionally soon. I find that exercising helps. I walk/hike an hour each day and sometimes jog. You may already have a sport or physical activity that you like, but if not, a second bit of advice would be to get active - even if it's just walking.

Welcome and good luck!

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: loeve ()
Date: March 28, 2010 10:55AM

"as far back as 2001 when Woody Harrelson came to our college campus to talk"

..would have liked to hear what he said.

I spent 4 years in the valley starting in '86. Bottled water was the way to go then. Loved AZ!

Posted by: RAWLION ()
Date: March 29, 2010 05:35PM

you CAN hear what woody has to say !!!! watch the movie "go further", in which he and some friends drive a bio diesel bus south, riding bikes the whole way, eating raw food spreading the word !!! its a great flick!!!

newbie, you sound like you are doing good already. My one thing that i preach over and over again is GREEN SMOOTHIES !!!! you are likely not getting enough mass nutrition if you aren't doing rich green smoothies !!! look into the research by victoria boutenko, its deep.
basically she realized that we should probably be eating a diet more similar to chimps, as we share 94% of our dna. they have nearly perfect health in the wild, we are sick. they eat pounds of greens daily, we don't.

The Raw Lion 440 pounds to 225 pounds!

Posted by: desert_om ()
Date: April 02, 2010 05:54PM

Hi, everyone-- thanks for the warm welcome!

Trive-- yes, it sounds like exercise does really help.... good for you that you're exercising an hour a day! That's inspiring smiling smiley

Loeve-- it's funny, the thing that stands out to me that Woody said was that he gave up dairy when he realized it was causing his sinus and allergy issues... but I know he said a whole lot of other good stuff.

Aaron-- thank you for the tip about Go Further! I never knew that movie existed... Found it on Netflix and it was excellent. So motivating to live a new life!

Love,
Amy

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 01, 2010 09:32PM

Good for you ! I'm new too, I began to be interested in february, I learned a lot since that time.

I’m Dominique Lebeau ,Single, Nurse, Naturopath, Gourmet raw food chef and educator certified by Living Light Culinary Arts Institute since june 2010. I’m from Montréal, Québec, Canada. Open to meet somebody.

I went to Hippocrates Health Institute 3 years ago. After that, a friend talked to me about Hallelujah Acres and I bought all the books of Dr David Brownstein and Iodoral. I refused an hysterectomy. I recovery before my visit to the institute with dark green leafy juices 3 times a day, 8 onces…and Iodoral help me a lot too after.

I'm glad to be healthy now. I invite you on my facebook page. Feel free to share somethings about health. Did you recovery from sicknesses? Do you want to share your testimonies ?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables