Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Had a bad experience.
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 02, 2008 07:53AM

Hi all! I'm new here, but I am not new to the raw food diet. I've been a raw foodist for about 4 months now and I'm loving it. Today though was bad. I sort of binged on regular foods like breads, cookies, popcorn and cereal. I usually run everyday, but it's been two days since I've exercised. I guess I'm looking for a little support and words of wisdom. Tomorrow is another day and I can just hop back on the raw food train. Anyway, if anyone has some comforting words to help me not freak out aboug gaining weight, then that'd be great!

Looking forward to future non-binge related posts!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Had a bad experience.
Date: October 03, 2008 05:29PM

Hi there!
I would say your binge is normal.
Its like your body still craves certain foods,
4 months into raw isnt that long,so maybe just hang in there.
I too crave all the grains and starch sometimes.

Brian

Posted by: rawsomefoods ()
Date: October 09, 2008 09:40PM

Hi,
Early on, I was encouraged by hearing that many raw fooders have lapses - sometimes for years - before becoming 100% raw. I think I remember Dr. Doug Graham, now 100% for some 20+ years, saying it took him 8 years to convert. Many find that working to be 80% is a good first year goal and sometimes more "do-able".
As Brian said in the previous posting, binges and cravings are a normal reaction. It helps to have certain raw treats that you love on hand.
Noticing how the body feels when you eat non-raw foods can be very helpful to steer back onto the raw path. We humans often learn best thru negative experiences. The lapses are best seen as clarifying better what we no longer want.
Also, being a "flexitarian", as Cherie Soria (founder of Living Light Culinary Arts Institute for Raw and Living Foods) is often better than holding the feeling of guilt in the body.
Keep on keeping on!
Blessings,
Celeste

Date: July 01, 2010 09:43PM

Hello,

Be sure to do some crackers, sprouts cereal, granola, dehydrate pineapple, be sure to have raw cookies....It will be easy to continu like that. It seems that you were hungry and noting nice to eat rapidily. Perhaps you need somethings salty too....be sure to prepare somethings salty to eat....like spicy crackers wit sea salt....

I’m Dominique Lebeau, Nurse, Naturopath, Gourmet raw food chef and educator certified by Living Light Culinary Arts Institute. I’m from Montréal, Québec, Canada.

I went to Hippocrates Health Institute 3 years ago. After that, a friend talked to me about Hallelujah Acres and I bought all the books of Dr David Brownstein and Iodoral. I refused an hysterectomy. I recovery before my visit to the institute with dark green leafy juices 3 times a day, 8 onces…and Iodoral help me a lot too after.

I'm glad to be healthy now. I invite you on my facebook page. Feel free to share somethings about health. Did you recovery from sicknesses? Do you want to share your testimonies ?

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: July 02, 2010 08:38PM

GourmetRawFoodChef, you're picking up an old thread from two years ago to advise someone to eat "crackers, sprouts, cereal, granola, dehydrate pineapple, be sure to have raw cookies"? It appears more that you are advertising yourself more than anything. It makes me wonder about the certification from that institute.

My favorite raw vegan

Date: July 06, 2010 01:42AM

Something I know (as a newcomer) that will help me focus on my growing taste and committment to this new way of eating is that I know it will take years to master. For me, that is just fine. Cause you know what?...I'm only doing it for me. winking smiley Bet you are doing this for you too...so no more re-playing the popcorn shoveling! Wake up tomorrow focused on where you want to go-mentally, emotionally and physically. Be well!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables