Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Newbie question for frequent travelers
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 05, 2009 05:44AM

Hi
I'm interested in going raw but I'm currently in a situation where I'll be on the road a lot, away from home for the next three months.

Those of you who are veteran raw foodists...what do you do when you travel, particularly business travel (corporate meetings, dinners, etc.)? How does your raw food diet change when you travel?

Also, what's the etiquette involved in telling strangers, co-workers, family members about your raw food diet so that feelings aren't hurt or people aren't offended when you can't eat what everyone else is eating during a business dinner, date, family dinner, etc.

If this has been extensively covered in this forum, if someone could steer me in the right direction so that I can do some more reading of people's firsthand experiences with these type of situations I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you in advance!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2009 05:45AM by Riqueza.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Newbie question for frequent travelers
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: January 09, 2009 09:59AM

ok well lets see .. having been kinda in some of these situations it depends

if its a dinner in a resturaunt i order salads and dont entertain or encourage anyone asking me questions about what i am eating

if its a dinner party i get ahold of the planner or host and tell them (i am a creative liar lol) that i have a rare digestive disorder that doesnt allow me to digest animal proteins without getting violently ill,(it helps here to gush over how you would love to partake in their turkey or roast beast but sadly you cant) and would it insult them if i brought something of my own (offering to make it easy on them) to eat and most hosts will graciously tell you they have no problem providing you with an abundant salad you poor dear GAWD that must be hard to deal with ! ( the best part is the host will most like heads up the other guests not to question your alternate meal so as not to insult you winking smiley .... )

smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2009 10:02AM by Jgunn.

Re: Newbie question for frequent travelers
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: January 09, 2009 12:06PM

btw you can also make up completely insane scientific latin names for your imaginary affliction ..unless you are dining with scientists and doctors you can usually get away with this tongue sticking out smiley

i am currently afflicted with cacaoencephloclodyphis smiling smiley (can't eat

chocolate tongue sticking out smiley )

i have also told people i was born with an unsually short intestine and because of that i can only assimilate plant matter smiling smiley blame it on your crappy genes your inherited smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2009 12:10PM by Jgunn.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables