Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

new and going raw!
Posted by: keisan ()
Date: January 24, 2009 08:50AM

hello all!

New here, I am a vegetarian going raw! Well that's the goal anyway, but I think I can do it once I get past some of the obstacles I've met.

Let's see, I've been a vegetarian since Apr. 2007 (lacto-ovo), and it pretty much started back in 2001 when I took red meat out of my diet. The reasons were due to paranoia (about what was actually in my food, pesticides, and other foreign garbage that didn't belong in the human body) and secondly due to my growing concern over my physical (weight) and emotional health. I still have those issues today, emotional health has improved very minimally and my physical health not by much. Unfortunately, as a vegetarian, I was/am still prone to eating way too much bread and pasta and junk. So once I heard about a raw vegan diet (the second time now that it's been brought to my attention), I knew there was another step.

I am so enthralled by the raw vegan lifestyle that I just want to do it! People have reached new levels of emotional well-being, just positive, wonderful emotional well-being, that I am just dying to see what has happened to so many people who have embarked on this, happen to me. I know I'm ready to do it and that it'll take hard work and effort but will be worth it in the end.

I know an important aspect to succeeding in something like this is support (at least is sure is for me). A lot of dietary stuff I've attempted before this has been to control my weight and just make me feel better and only one attempt has actually succeeded so far but didn't last long (and it didn't work out the second time I tried it either). So out of frustration, I was close to giving up. Then I was surfing youtube and re-discovered raw food, but in a way that it wasn't about weight issues. Instead, it was about becoming a better person, attracting positive energy to myself through nurturing my body with the best this fortunate age has to offer. Raw, organic, living food.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables