Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Hi, new raw-food wannabe here. winking smiley
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 26, 2009 04:16PM

Hi!
My name is Feebee...and I'm a raw food wannabe!
My history with raw food began about 2 years ago. I have been flirting with raw foods ever since, and experimenting with different recipes. My goal is to become 100% raw, and I just started a mostly raw lifestyle about 2 weeks ago.
Trying to change a lifetime of eating poorly is hard. I'm training my body to do things differently, and while I feel better for it, I still have some challenges. I am hoping to use this forum as support and advise for getting in gear and not getting bored with the same foods (recipe ideas, hints, tips, etc....)

My body is going through huge changes just being mostly raw the past 2 weeks. I dropped 4 pounds the first week, I think it was mostly water weight, and the 2nd week I lost almost 2 pounds.
Can I expect to keep losing about 2 pounds a week? I don't want to give too much TMI here, but on Saturday I had something really happen during, um.....how to put this mildly....the elimination process. I noticed a lot of grease in the water. Is this my body getting rid of the bad fats? Anybody else experience this?
Other than that, I had one really bad day that I am almost certain was a heavy-duty detox day, I have felt awesome. Energy levels are soaring and I feel so much hope and happiness about all this!
Oh, to be fair, I will say that my primary intention is to be more healthy, and my secondary intention is to lose weight. I am 5 foot 6 inches and weighed, when I began this, 195lbs.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hi, new raw-food wannabe here. winking smiley
Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: January 26, 2009 06:31PM

Hey Feebee!
Way to start -- it sounds like the raw foods you are eating are cleaning you out -- your body is already dumping excess yuck! I think you are off to a good start. Keep easing into more raw foods and listening to your body. I find that this is a good place for support, so hope you stick around.

Re: Hi, new raw-food wannabe here. winking smiley
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 26, 2009 09:30PM

Thank you! smiling smiley I hope to find things here to keep my journey interesting and hopeful! smiling smiley I'm excited about this.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables