Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

dehydrator question
Posted by: swiffer3 ()
Date: September 11, 2011 01:48PM

Hi everyone

I am a newbie at raw. I have seen many recipes that require a dehydrator . I presently cannot afford one, and was wondering if anyone out there has alternative methods to dehydrating other than the oven. I do not live in an area that is warm for sunlight drying.

Thank you for any feed back.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: dehydrator question
Posted by: Sandra1111 ()
Date: September 17, 2011 10:32PM

Hi Swiffer3,

As far as I know there is nothing that can do the same as a dehydrator, excalibur being the best out of them all. I've heard of some using an oven at very low temperatures but that is iffy. Have you tried looking for them on craigs list? sometimes I see them for very very very cheap and it might be worth taking a look. I was fortunate that my boss bought one and then didn't want it so gave it to me, nice boss...and it was an excalibur on top of that !!

Except for the sunlight drying which you are not able to do I don't think there is anything else. I've been reading Dr. Cousens books and he recommends dehydrating for the first 2 to 3 hours at 145 and then down to 115. This presents the mycotoxins from forming which is a fungus...can lead to candida, I am presently battling this so I've been off fruit as well as being raw vegan.

Good luck and keep your eyes and ears open for something to come your way, never know.

Sandra

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables