Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Also a new member from PA
Posted by: skiezo ()
Date: January 25, 2012 04:25AM

I have started to ease into a raw diet in the last few weeks. I am not sure if I will go 100% raw tho.Time will tell. I have cut out red meat and eat chicken and fresh fish a few days a week. I used to have an Acme cent. juicer years ago and just got an omega 9000 and a Green Life 2000. I have been doing lots of juice and green smoothies for the last few weeks. I am slowly feeling better by going on this diet. I really love the green smoothies and have a few of them each day.
On my no meat/fish days I am getting my protein through raw nut and hemp seeds in my smoothies. Looking for a new blender as my old commercial warning is not the best but will do for now.
I hope that my questions are welcome and I will contribute as I learn more.
Thanks Brian

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Also a new member from PA
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: January 26, 2012 01:08AM

Hi skiezo its greaet you are starting to transition. We all have our reasons for going raw ... some environmenta., some for our health, some for our love of animals. Whatever your reason , its always good to include lots of fresh fruit and veggies in your diet . As you experiment you may find that some of the other stuff that is not so good for you just gets pushed right out of the picture entirely smiling smiley

I have an old Acme juicer too smiling smiley I currently use a greenstar juicer and a vitamix blender smiling smiley so its great you have the tools to really mix things up and experiment. Are you going to get a dehyrator at some point too? I am using mine like gangbusters lately making all sorts of fun things smiling smiley

Im sure your old waring blender will do untill it doesnt anymore its better then not having it all ! smiling smiley

good luck on your journey and holler if you have any questions smiling smiley !

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Re: Also a new member from PA
Posted by: terris ()
Date: March 09, 2012 06:38AM

Hi, I am new and from PA, too. What county are you in? I am in Adams...back to Raw. Sounds like you have a great juicer. I need a good dehydrator which will allow me to make all sorts of fun stuff like onion bread and pizza. I spent several hours today pulling recipes but I only have a round Nesco American Harvest Snack Master with no temperature regulator so I will likely mess up quite a few batches dehydrating until I can afford the Excaliber. What do you put in your juice?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables