Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

12 days strong and new here
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 22, 2009 05:46AM

Hi everyone! My name is Diana (Sunkissed on this forum) and I am really happy to be here. Have been browsing for a few days and finally decided to write an official introduction. I became a raw vegan for the first time in the fall of 2004. I lasted for two months and even survived Thanksgiving by making my own raw recipes for the Holiday to share with my family. Let's just say the recipes didn't turn out so great, coupled by the fact that I wasn't getting much support from the people in my life and it drifted away, although it never left my mind. I felt the most amazing that I have ever felt in my life during those two months!!!! I am 30 years old and recently felt like there wasn't any reason why I should be so depressed, lethargic and dull to life. I became a vegetarian six months ago and gained seven pounds which was very odd to me since I had given up meat. Then I became a vegan just naturally because I wasn't craving cheese or eggs at all. But I still wasn't feeling well so I decided to introduce raw foods into my life again and unbelievably, I am getting support from everyone around me. It's great. I do notice that I feel the best when I stick to fruits, veggies and not as many nuts/seeds. I feel amazing after green smoothies and have so much energy. Sometimes I get sleepy after eating dates/figs/raisins. So I am trying to stick mostly to the veggies and fruits. I love food processing my salad veggies into tiny bits to help my digestive system even more and I add hemp seeds or flax seed oil to my salads and smoothies. Overall, making it to day 12 has been a cinch, even with it being winter here in the Midwest. It was a natural shift for me and I know that everyone around me is noticing a difference in my appearance and mood. In just 12 days, I have lost five pounds. I found that the body naturally gets rid of extra weight when on raw foods. I am just so thrilled to have come back to raw foods at a time where I know that it will stick. My husband and family are very supportive and that is so helpful in making this work. I really wish that people really knew how easy it is to eat this way, how fun it is to eat high vibrational food and how great it is to see a refrigerator full of rainbow colors!! Raw foods just automatically put a smile on your face. That's my journey in a nutshell....I am happy to be here on this forum and am looking forward to learning and sharing the raw food experience.
Blessings,
Sunkissed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2009 05:46AM by sunkissed.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 12 days strong and new here
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: March 01, 2009 07:44AM

welcome to the forums sunkissed smiling smiley glad you are here sharing and caring !

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables