Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

transition
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 12, 2009 11:54PM

Hi,

This is my first post. I'm trying to transition but it's very hard as I feel so isolated. No-one else I know is doing anything like this and I tend to lapse after a while with no support. I'm hoping to be able to talk to people who understand to get me through the tough moments and help keep myself on track. I really want to make this change.

Cheers

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: transition
Posted by: tania ()
Date: April 13, 2009 10:39PM

hi ilibertine - i totally relate to your post. i posted a very similar message - i want to do this, it's hard being the only one you know doing it, etc. i'm in the los angeles area - what about you?
anyway, just know you're not the only one who feels like this and if you want to email me, you can use valentina531@gmail.com
good luck!
tania

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 16, 2009 03:39AM

post your questions in the main forum and start diaries smiling smiley were all here to help you and learn from you too smiling smiley

dont be shy !

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: April 17, 2009 11:15PM

Hi Tania,

Thanks so much for replying! It's good to know you're out there.

I'm just outside London, England so we won't be meeting up for a raw lunch more's the pity!

Thanks for the contact I'll definitely be in touch x

Posted by: lawofattraction ()
Date: April 18, 2009 11:03PM

right.even if it is through the internet,your only "connection" to others, there's something attractive and comforting about the net.

for me, i want too not meet ANYONE and become great friends unless thier like this! or at least veg!(long story)

alone is good,its better than bad company...

they say the more attractive you are on the inside, the more you attract.period.

Date: May 10, 2009 07:47AM

Hi ilibertine,

I am in Caterham, UK - have just started this website for people who want to know about raw. I started my raw journey at Xmas - had to try & heal my thyroid as my doctor wanted to remove it & I am not a fan of modern medicine. I am cured - touch wood!

If you need any support let me know. Sign up to the newsletter - stay in touch smiling smiley

Love
Fiona

www.iloveraw.co.uk

Posted by: HealthNVitality ()
Date: May 12, 2009 05:58PM

I would like to be helpful to you, but I'm not sure how.
You are really asking if there are any other raw foodists local to you.
This does not really answer that, but I think that you might find some of the info on our site helpful for you.

If you post a reply to this message and would like my feedback, it would be best to send me a private message to that effect. Otherwise, I may not check this thread for a while.

***Info from the advisors at HealthNVitality***

Date: May 12, 2009 07:24PM

I'm still in the information collecting stage of my raw journey. I am trying to get my mom to "go raw" with me so I'll at least have some support, but she thinks I'm a little nuts. I live in Indiana and there are a lot of farms around here. People can be kind of mean when they hear that you don't eat meat.

Posted by: HealthNVitality ()
Date: May 13, 2009 05:50PM

mamakate Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> People can be kind of mean when they hear that you
> don't eat meat.

People have a tendency to be judgmental of others for many reasons.
When people judge me for being different from them, I usually recognize that their comments are merely a reflection of their own thought, i.e. their own mental limitations and fear.

Occasionally, I feel hurt by their comments, if I forget this fact.
Rather than giving any credence to the judgmental comment, my attention usually focuses compassionately on the (painfully limited) mindset which would generate the comment.

I generally do not feel the need to respond in any particular way, such as trying to convert or educate them, or point out their stupidity, or apologize, or whatever.
Depending on the circumstances, I might say nothing or try to educate them or make some brief comment somewhere in between.

Just because they comment out of ignorance or fear, I do not feel compelled to hate them or myself.
In my opinion, it is important to keep a positive mental state.

On a practical note, some people have found ways to shift the reactions of other from caustic towards supportive by saying things like dietary deviations are required by the doctor, or necessary for some other reason, such as to reduce terrible headaches or other pain, allergies, etc.

I hope that you find this helpful.

If you post a reply to this message and would like my feedback, it would be best to send me a private message to that effect. Otherwise, I may not check this thread for a while.

***Info from the advisors at HealthNVitality***

Date: May 14, 2009 07:13PM

Hey there,
I am in the same situation as you are. I have been playing around with the raw food idea for several months and am really trying to stop yo yo-ing. Right now I am full raw but have not been for long. My Husband is totally supportive but it is a little weird being the only one taking this rather large step. I hope that we can both find the support we need here because I can honestly say that I do feel better and CLEANER when I stick with it. I can't remember if you said that you are doing this...but what has helped me...starting a diary of what I eat each day and how I feel. I tend to write a few sentences about my raw foods diet and then I keep on writing about other personal things about myself. The whole experience is sort of peaceful in a way smiling smiley. I don't know anyone else who lives this lifestyle so it has been an adventure.

Good luck!
Kat

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables