Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

New to Forum a few questions
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 15, 2009 12:40AM

Hello = ) my names Tabitha, im 18 and I am new to the raw diet. I have been slowly trying to integrate it into my life. Right now im eating fruits in the morning, ezekial bread(I know that's not raw sadly) w/ lettuce and tomato for lunch and usually try to get some beans in for protein but i still feel hungry usually. I don't have a blender or anything yet so its kind of difficult.
I picked up the book Cure for Diabetes by Gabriel Cousens because my boyfriend has type 1 diabetes. I wanted to slowly switch us to the diet recommended. Will I be harming myself if I also go on the diabetes diet because I do not have diabetes. I want to eat the same as him so it makes it easier.
Also, will drinking alcohol once or twice a week be a major thing?

Another thing is as far as bread goes will it make a huge difference with diabetes if we stick to whole grains, spelt, and flax seed?

Ok last question sorry, I was reading to buy a juicer and a blender. I don't need to mash up my fruits cause I enjoy them salad like but I definitely need something for all the greens and especially all the nuts, would that be just a blender than?...also I am starting to grow wheatgrass..and theirs specific machines for this or does it really matter to mash it up?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New to Forum a few questions
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 16, 2009 03:38AM

Hi Tabitha welcome to the site smiling smiley going slow is allright ! add things when you are comfortable and delete the bad stuff from your life.

my suggestion if you are lookign for cheap equipment is go on FREECYCLE in your area and ask for a blender and juicer for free , it might take a few weeks but you will probably get some free equipment .. although they will be cheapie items they are better than nothing

im not familiar with cousins book but im pretty sure that the diet wont harm you , awesome for you to help your boyfriend ! will he be joining you on site here? he can learn alot about what he can do to help his diabetes.

alcohol is not optimal but if you can limit to special days/occaisons all the better smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Re: New to Forum a few questions
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 16, 2009 05:20AM

Thank you for taking the time to respond, and wow I never even heard of freecycle but I just checked it out that might end up being extremely helpful thanks banana buddhist, that pic is awesome btw = )
I dont believe my boyfriend will be on the site but I have bookmarked pages on this forum about diabetics to show him.
Im really trying to make this work, I just bought a cart full of purely greens and colorful fruits, as well as Celtic sea salt and Stevia.
The only problem I am having now is finding everything in organic, Sprouts did not have much of a selection.
Are all the things at farmers markets organic or do you ask them specifically? I read that any produce that starts with the number 9 on the code is organic will they have the codes like the stores do?
Sorry about all the questions this is just confusing considering I didnt know what kale or half of the things on my list looked like lol but I think I pulled it off
: )

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables