Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Hello from Louisiana
Posted by: kaseyclark ()
Date: July 20, 2013 09:46PM

I just moved to the Lafayette area from Houston, Texas. Lafayette has an Austin-type-vibe and the college kids demand healthy options.

I can find tons of fruits and veggies but NO raw restaurants!!!

I have a gluten allergy and am hypoglycemic. Diabetes and heart disease runs in my family but the last doctor I went to said I have the heart of a 20-year-old. I've ate the "diabetic" diet since I was 14 when my Dad was diagnosed.

I own a Ninja kitchen system. My juicer is packed. We are living in an RV while building a home in Carencro.

I would like-minded Louisianans to contact me. I'm Cajun and was born here. I moved to Houston for 35 years and now I'm back..........

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hello from Louisiana
Posted by: pmichel1960 ()
Date: August 19, 2013 04:55PM

Hi! I would absolutely love a raw friend! I live in Kenner, right outside New Orleans.

Priscilla

Posted by: pmichel1960 ()
Date: August 19, 2013 06:31PM

site wont let me pm you. my email is priscillamichel@yahoo

Posted by: Raw4lifeRU ()
Date: September 11, 2013 06:13PM

Wow,I wish you lived close to Marshall or Shrevport.I would love a friend that was raw! I've been raw for 8 years. Some of my family are ok with it.But it doesn't bother me at all.It used to but not anymore. You won't find any raw restaurants in Louisiana or east Texas.
So how are you doing on your Diet?

Posted by: waltraud ()
Date: October 02, 2013 05:08AM

Hi this is my very first blog to all, particularly to those who have blood sugar problems as I do its been a lifelong issue, I have found recently a herb that seems to have a good reputation for healing blood sugar sickness and many other ailments I have not tried He Shou Wu before maybe you have heard of it, I am going to order this herb. Apparently blue corn also which is not in Australia that's where I am from: originally from Austria- which I will also order I am sure I can get it in a packet not in the plant form of course, as it is not allowed in Australia only in the us apparently, and this also is supposed to be a superfood for blood sugar issues. You may want to look into it and tell me what you think.
I can only have words with you in this fashion or email or Skype etc - but I am interested in some support with this new venture of going raw -- as we all need support I'm sure you would agree - and would luv to throw ideas out there for you all to mull over. Because if you juice or fast or raw food is something new for you hopefully those superfoods I mentioned for example will get you thru. I don't know how I will get thru this day I am nervous about a blood sugar dip and hope for once to get thru one day of denial of rubbish foods and stick to my fast or even raw food day. I am on 23 rd day of 100 days to 100% raw e book by tonya Zavasta that doesn't mean I have successfully had 1 day raw food only as it will take a while I'm sure, and am pretty nervous about the effect of even this 1 day juice fast. phew! I will let you know if I get thru it! The 23rd day just means 23 days of information and its now on the 23rd day I am encouraged to go on a juice, and yesterday I had to be careful not to eat cooked food I did have a little but this day was to prepare for juicing day:
I 'm sorry I don't live in your country but I may still be able to help in some small way. - I also am ordering "I am Grateful recipe book by I Am Grateful": Recipes and Lifestyle of Cafe Gratitude by
Engelhart, Terces recipes which seem fabulous and 2 other books which I am sure will help. If you look into that maybe it will help us and others.
cheers Trudy

Posted by: waltraud ()
Date: October 08, 2013 01:28PM

I must be doing something wrong, nobody is replying?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables