Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Hi from LA - need smoothie advice!
Posted by: Dita ()
Date: June 30, 2011 01:10AM

Hi,

I'm a newbie...just joined. I switched to raw four months ago and I love it! What worries me the most is how to get the benefits of a green smoothie and whether it still tastes good after hours of sitting around in a bottle. Now I have the luxury to have my green smoothie at home every morning but what if I want to make a huge batch and take it to work? Currently, this is my breakfast smoothie every day: [rawfoodfortruth.blogspot.com] : green super smoothie
I would like to try a chocolate "super smoothie" next. Any of you can confirm that a nutmilk, cacao, superfoods, maybe berries, based smoothie is a better choice when it needs to keep for hours? Thank you, and I'm excited to have joined your community! : )

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hi from LA - need smoothie advice!
Posted by: Sandra1111 ()
Date: September 17, 2011 10:50PM

Great book to read about green smoothies is "green for life" by Victoria Boutenko. I think she mentions that green smoothies retain their nutrients much longer than juices do because .....well not sure why now, would have to go back to her book and find it. I have made huge batches and have drank them in two to three days with no problem. I do not use nutmilks in mine though, just water and the fruit and green leafies. If you want you can make them up then add the mylks as you want to when you are ready to drink them. I do this with mine but I only add hemp seeds when I want to drink them and blend it up a bit.

I normally just make up what I drink for the day though, it's rare I will do more than this. Good luck

Sandra

Posted by: romeo ()
Date: September 22, 2013 05:51AM

Raw food benefit is greatest if consumed within 8 minutes.
The living plants juice when juiced rusts when exposed to air (turns brown: oxidizes, yellow for apples).
The living organism carries a variable electric charge(measured in milliamperes and millivolts) that travels into the human form when consumed live.
Thats why it gives the human form life (especially raw veggie juices).
Doing juice can make you more positively charged and therefore in a Detox BACK TO HEALTH.
You have to get used to it (consuming the electric charge off the juice within eight minutes).
GOOD LUCK

Romeo

Posted by: RSGOLD ()
Date: September 23, 2013 06:40AM

Wow oh well here it wonderful to have you click on them like oh

Posted by: faris ()
Date: January 18, 2014 10:07AM

I am health conscious. I have been a raw vegetarian for the past 13 years. I am in a lookout for a life partner who is into a healthy lifestyle. Please feel free to contact.

faris

Posted by: esa ()
Date: February 15, 2014 11:37PM

I eat sprouted rice and sesame, with salt, as I like to chew my food and feel a need to have all the complex carbs, oils, and protein that my spout mix provides. Chewing takes time, but fruits come in handy when in a rush, as does the knowledge that sprouts get digested more easily, which allows for multitasking during meals, if needed.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables