Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Body cleansing anyone?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 14, 2009 07:45PM

Hello
I am very new to the TOTALLY raw lifestyle, although I was right on the cusp for a few months. I have noticed that my body is going through a definite "cleansing" period to get all the bad stuff out and adjust to the new diet. I am just curious if anyone can relate or tell me their adjustment story. I don't know anyone else who is a raw foody so I am hoping this site will be good support. Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Body cleansing anyone?
Date: June 20, 2009 06:53PM

The same thing happened to me and I believe it is common. A diet which is low in fiber (the SAD diet certainly is) moves slowly through the GI system. When you increase the fiber intake which raw certainly does, there will be a change in that part of town, so to speak. I felt sick initially for a few days, just sort of toxic, not flu like or anything like that but just sort of yuk. It did pass. I did a couple day fast initially and that kind of brought the yuk feeling on. We are not totally raw at this point but I have definitely listened to my body and brain for feedback which I think is important and we are continuing to move in that direction. We are not all the same so we continue to read and learn, experimenting kind of along the way. Hope it is going better for you.

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: June 22, 2009 01:33AM

Hi Krocodilly ,

I lived the SAD for the first 25 yrs. of my life, really "junking" it up bad. When i finally "saw the light", & made the switch - first to vegetarian, then vegan, then RAW, and also much juicing - I went through a host of very nasty detox symptoms, for several months.

Woozy, flu-like, headaches (some fairly severe) upset stomach, & more...

I cut out meat - cold turkey (no pun intended) and did a ton of juicing at that time. Didn't realize I should have been drinking a lot of water to aid with the flushing, and I felt really bad & out of sorts for something like 8 - 10 months. Lost over 50 lbs. in the process, that was good. Had to buy all new clothes!

Now, I have a very lean body, well definition, and never get sick. I had also suffered from sinus problems for years that no medication could touch, but that has since then cleared up, & I can breath free, no more clogged head!

Hope that gives you a little insight as to what vegan/raw will do for you.

Good luck & good health to you on your quest into this awesome lifestyle!!!

Date: December 29, 2009 12:35AM

I found that getting colon hydrotherapy or what is known as a 'colonic' really helped me with detofixification and got things moving really alot faster!

Check it out, it sounds nasty but was really a very positive spiritual experience for me! I think everyone should have one 2 or 3 times a year. It is so balancing and healthy for your entire system.

Posted by: ShineSeek ()
Date: January 15, 2010 05:17AM

I'm getting my first colon hydrotherapy on Monday!!! I know, feels weird to be excited about it, but I have really felt over the years that many of my ailments (acne, constipation, etc.) would be helped by a thorough colon cleanse. I'm going to start out with three and see how this goes.... if anyone has any input I'd love to hear it smiling smiley

Date: March 31, 2010 05:08PM

It's probably not a bad idea. I had one years ago. Didn't notice much difference in the way I felt though, which was not too bad to begin with.

Looking back I think the best way to cleanse is with fresh raw fruit and veggies. Add a little psyllium husks and milled flax seed to a fresh fruit smoothie for a lot of natural fiber to sweep-out the GI. And make sure to drink plenty of pure water. Try to avoid meat, dairy, and flour products during the cleasnse.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables