Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Help! Trying to be Raw..How much do I eat?
Posted by: pbosche ()
Date: May 19, 2009 08:10AM

I'm on day 4 of mostly raw. I simply don't know what to eat/how much.
I'm not a cook. I am really limited to fruits and vegetables right now, though I can also juice.
I'm 6'2" and about 155. I do not want to lose ANY weight and ideally would like to put on up to 20lbs of muscle. At this point though, I don't know that I'm even having 1000 calories a day.
I no nothing about what I'm doing, I am just eating avacados, cucumbers, bananas and a few other fruits/veggies..
Help!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Help! Trying to be Raw..How much do I eat?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 23, 2009 01:54AM

First, I suggest you go to the library for some books on the subject. You may have to do a search of your entire area to get some good ones. And a word of caution, everyone's advice is a little different.

Second, add at least one green smothie to your day. That's greens and fruit. Mine is a couple of handfulls of kale, a couple of apples, and some water blended for a minimum of 3 minutes in my pitiful blender. It gets foamy and thick on top, my 5 yr old dh likes to drink hers with a straw for that reason. Should taste fresh and not too bitter or sweet.

Third, work out with weights. It's the only thing that puts muscle on and that's what you want to gain, right?

Good luck,
Stacie

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables