Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Hello from Western NY
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 23, 2009 04:28PM

Hi All,

My name is Mel I'm 38, disabled, morbidly obese and want to live to see 40. I have tried every diet and failed so I'm giving up the fight to be thin and just eating to live. I have always hated the taste and texture of red meat and vowed one day to become a vegetarian... so here I am a newbie to the raw food life but loving my first few days weight loss and energy boost. I look forward to getting to know anyone looking for new friends and any advice is appreciated for the transition from a typical American diet.

:-)Mel

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hello from Western NY
Posted by: satori108 ()
Date: June 03, 2009 01:32PM

Hi Mel. Welcome to the forum. There's a lot of recipes and good advice here. I found that the people here will be genorous in their advice and will answer most of your questions. The best thing that helped develop a taste for raw was green smoothies.
60% fruit 40% greens. And be on the lookout for new fruits and veggies. It keeps things interesting. I love these new taste adventures. Good Luck!

Date: June 14, 2009 09:00PM

Hello, Mel.

I am confident you will live to see 40. I hope that you gradually ease into this lifestyle and make sure you see it as that - a lifestyle - not a diet. It's wonderful that you are giving yourself this opportunity and I would love to be of help to you if you ever need advice, motivation, or support. Just message me in that instance. I hope you have a good day and like satori108 said, good luck.

Date: September 20, 2009 11:58PM

hello mel just getting started my self.I really liked the comment - a life style not a diet.I wish you the very best,,, i love western NY. YOU CAN DO IT

Date: November 26, 2009 01:57AM

Alright Mel, be encouraged. U're finally on the right tracks. Eating raw is the healthiest and greatest type of food 2 eat. Keep on trying various dishes of raw foods/salads. I MUST add that such lifestyle goes perfectly well with being born-again. God bless u...

Posted by: batalionn ()
Date: January 14, 2010 11:46PM

Have you tried the isogenix approach. If not email me at batalionn@gmail.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables