Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Hello from South East PA!
Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: May 30, 2009 02:08AM

Greetings all!

I recently discovered this site, it is like I have finally arrived home! Great info., topics and nice folks! I have been a Raw Foodist/Vegan/Juicer for around 10 years now, and I love it. Wouldn't go back to the "old" ways for anything.

Had been an "off & on" juicer since about '95 or so, but decided to go all the way to "Raw" after listening to a few radio shows featuring Dr. Lorraine Day, a remarkable woman who overcame cancer by following a Raw food diet/Juicing and more.

Just wanted to say "Hi" to everyone, I am sure I will be a regular on these forums.

Cheers,
juicerkatz smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hello from South East PA!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 28, 2009 02:18PM

Hi, I'm from S.E. PA and am very new to all of this any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: June 28, 2009 09:55PM

I'm in Central PA (Williamsport / Lewisburg areas), but I used to live in South Central area in York County and also awhile up in Dauphin county. Also seeking local support. If we all hang in there, we can all do this TOGETHER !!!

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Date: June 30, 2009 10:35AM

I am located near the MD/PA line. There are a few organic farms in my area that I know of & a good organic natural foods store; [www.sonnewald.org]

I haven't really looked around for raw food groups to associate with, but I may in the future.

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: June 30, 2009 03:00PM

Welcome!
I lived in the Doyelstown area for 26 yrs,so know south east Pa real well.

Vinny

Date: July 02, 2009 06:16PM

Used to LOOOVE shopping at Sonnewalds since I lived right over the hill from the place. Awesome store !!!

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Date: July 02, 2009 08:40PM

"Used to LOOOVE shopping at Sonnewalds since I lived right over the hill from the place. Awesome store !!!"

Yep, I agree! You should stop in if you are in the area sometime. Since I am totally RAW, I only buy fruits/veggies/bulk items there, nothing from their fully stocked shelves of pills/powders/etc.

But it still is a pleasant place to shop, knowing that the produce is all organic. They have added a lot more to the "wall mural" painting, if you remember it was on the wall behind the registers.

I kinda thought it was "complete" years ago, but they thought it needed more detail, I guess! winking smiley I tend to like simple art without a lot of "clutter". Anyway, we make maybe 2 trips there a month, it is fun.

I have thought about joining their forum, but it is not active at all.

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: July 03, 2009 01:49PM

Oh cool!
I shop at Sonnewalds too.Paul Nison spoke there at the church across the street.
I am in York Pa now.

Small world.

Vinny

Date: July 03, 2009 04:31PM

Yes I remember the mural. I never get down that way any more, but I'll be sure to stop in if I do. I miss having a store like that up here, but thankfully I'm surrounded by farmers markets, so I fair ok through the summer. Will have to buy bulk produce from Sams in the winter months. Wish we could all plan a "meet-n-greet" somewhere in the middle. That would be so cool. =)

—Thomas Jefferson

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables