Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Weaning off sleeping pills--need friends
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 06, 2009 10:35PM

Hello,
I am from Lexington, KY but am currently staying with family members near Green Bay, WI due to benzodiazepine withdrawal symptoms. I would absolutely love to make connections with raw foodists who have found that raw foods help with psychatric conditions especially insomnia.

I am about 50% or more raw right now, and plan to be 100% raw as soon as I'm done tapering from Klonopin and Trazodone. I am really in need of some companions who can give me hope that withdrawal will not last forever, and that eating raw will help me sleep.

Please send me a message. I am struggling a lot right now. I am worried about detoxing too much soon after withdrawal-is this fear founded?

Re: Weaning off sleeping pills--need friends
Date: June 13, 2009 06:28PM

I myself am on the same meds you are on. I really don't like having to take medication for my panic disorder. I will definitely keep checking for replies from others in the forum to read their responses. I too want to rid myself off these medications.

Re: Weaning off sleeping pills--need friends
Date: September 17, 2009 07:21AM

Hi,

I was on Lunesta for a couple of years. I thought it was a godsend at first and then hated how dependant it made me on doctors and lord help me if I ran out. I finally kicked the habit when I read somewhere that the inability to sleep is the body literally being too toxic for the kidneys to shut down for deep cleaning at night. That hit home, my habit was actually making my problem worse than it had ever been. I stopped that night and though I didn't become %100 raw right then I am now and sleeping pretty darn good. It helps that through the transition process I wasn't working so I could afford to sleep late and deal with all of the detoxing. How has everybody else's experience been with insomnia and raw foods? I find that I have insomnia around the full moon but I just try to roll with the punches now. I also have learned that I need to be disciplined as far as not eating anything for at least three or four hours before laying down, that helps alot.

Love to hear from you!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables