Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Awesome surprise at church today !!! =)
Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: June 27, 2009 06:12PM

I'm a raw newbie and have been searching for local support groups or within driving distance. I live in Central PA and the nearest active groups I could find are in Philly or Pittsburgh, hours away from me in both directions.

Today was my first potluck at church since going raw and I was running short on time, so I grabbed a bag and dumped in 1-Avocado, 1-Plum, 1-Tomato and raced out the door. Of course I tried to be inconspicuous when I sat down with my meager plate of odd ingredients while everyone else was going through line, but wouldn't you know that some of the chatty ladies came to exclaim about my meager meal (very loudly), so the whole room heard about it.

A dear lady from our church overheard the conversation and immediately asked if I had gotten the "Raw Reform" book and we were both shocked to find out that we were BOTH starting the very same raw diet around the very same time!!! It was like an answer to prayer and we jabbered throughout the whole meal. (BTW, I was STUFFED after eating just those 3 ingredients!!) We're both so thankful to be able to support each other and learn together.

What a surprise blessing! Just had to share! =)
Kimberly

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Awesome surprise at church today !!! =)
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: June 27, 2009 07:57PM

that is a very cool thing indeed smiling smiley having someone on the same page as you that can support you and for you to give support too can make a huge difference in how you approach things smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2009 07:58PM by Jgunn.

Re: Awesome surprise at church today !!! =)
Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: June 30, 2009 03:13PM

That is great. You never know!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables