Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

beans & corn
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 28, 2009 02:13PM

I grow green beans and corn. not very tasty raw. any suggestions?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: beans & corn
Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: June 28, 2009 09:57PM

I'm sure others will have suggestions, but fresh corn on the cob is awesome eaten RAW! I've also been seeing alot of recipes floating around the net that utilize fresh cob-corn when in-season. The beans are best sprouted to be eaten fresh/raw. I'm not the expert on sprouting, but I'm sure others will jump in with suggestions for easy sprouting methods. Hang in there and keep us posted.

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: June 28, 2009 11:02PM

i love fresh raw sweet corn rawsmiling smiley i eat it off the cob plain or slather it with hemp oil and seasalt,peppper smiling smiley

you can make a nice raw green bean uncooked casserole thats delicious smiling smiley its a 2 part recipe you need to make the cream of mushroom soup smiling smiley

these are both from www.goneraw.com

Green Bean Casserole
Submitted by daniefon on October 23, 2008 - 8:56amholiday side thanksgiving
Average:
I am planning a totally raw Thanksgiving and have been experimenting with recipes. I am definitely using this one. Unfortunately the day I made it my camera batteries were dead. So this is a picture of a SAD version, but the raw version looks very similar.

Ingredients:
fresh green beans
1 batch mushroom soup, water reduced by half, [www.goneraw.com]
¼ cup red onion, sliced very thin
½ cup chopped mushrooms
2 pieces of your favorite onion bread, sliced into thin strips and dehydrated until crisp

Preparation:
1. I bought very fresh thin green beans and then cut them into small strips (French cut). You can dehydrate them a bit to soften them if you wish. Or, according to the comment below, you can freeze them, I am going to try that!
2. When you make the mushroom soup, cut the water to half the amount called for in the recipe in order to make it thicker.
3. Mix green beans, onion, mushrooms and soup.
4. Then top with the strips of onion bread. It can be warmed in the dehydrator if desired.

Classic Cream of Mushroom Soup
Submitted by bronwyn on October 10, 2008 - 6:13pmappetizer cream easy entree quick sauce simple soup Blender
Average:
Average: 4.5 (2 votes)
Servings: Serves 1-2
This tastes just like a classic cream of mushroom soup. Thick, creamy and delicious. The real version of this soup used to be my favourite when I was young. I just made this on a whim so the measurements are from memory and may not be accurate. Taste the soup as you’re making it to be sure the measurements are to your liking. I hope you enjoy.

Ingredients:
2 cup Water
½ cup Sunflower Seeds, or more for desired consistency
¼ cup White Button Mushrooms, chopped fine
2 tablespoon Nutritional Yeast, optional
½ teaspoon Garlic
½ teaspoon Salt
1 dash Black Pepper

Preparation:
Blend the sunflower seeds with the water until you get a nice creamy smooth mixture. Then add the garlic, salt, yeast and pepper. Blend for a long time until slightly warm. Then, add the mushrooms and blend for about 10 seconds, just to spread them around.

Note: When I created this for the first time today I made the mistake of blending the mushrooms for a while with the soup and the flavour was much more pungent and the colour of the soup was grey, as you can see from the photo. It was still good but I know it would have been better to add them in at the last minute. You will want it to be a nice creamy off-white colour.

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: June 28, 2009 11:30PM

oops forgot the onion bread recipe lol

Onion Bread
Submitted by kandace on October 9, 2006 - 9:46ambread burger sandwich savory travel Dehydrator Food Processor
Average:
Average: 4.6 (104 votes)
Servings: 9 (2 pieces each serving)
This is an easy, flavorful bread than can be used to make sandwiches, to dip or to eat alone. This is an easy recipe for variations! Pictured with hummus and tomatoes and a side of spinach caesar salad.

Based on a recipe by Matt Amsden in RAWVolution. I’ve made a few changes: the paste to onion ratio has been boosted for a thicker consistency and the Nama Shoyu percentage is down for taste.

Ingredients:
3 yellow onions, large
1 cup flax seeds (golden, brown or a combo), ground
1 cup raw sunflower seeds, ground in a food processor
½ cup Braggs Liquid Aminos or Nama Shoyu
¼ cup cold pressed olive oil

Preparation:
Peel and half the onions. Slice in a food processor (with slicing disc).
Place onions in large bowl and mix with rest of ingredients until thoroughly combined.
Spread mix over a Teflex sheet and repeat until all of mixture is used (I usually end up using 2 sheets).
Dehydrate at 100°F for 24 hours. Flip and return to dehydrator for 12 hours.
Cut into 9 equal pieces (2 cuts horizontally, 2 cuts vertically). Usually makes 18 pieces.

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: June 29, 2009 02:33AM

I like raw corn on the cob with avocado and cajun seasoning. Very asty!

Date: June 29, 2009 10:05PM

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Date: June 29, 2009 10:06PM

Thanks, I'll try sprouting the beans.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables