Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Hello peeps!
Posted by: Buddha ()
Date: June 29, 2009 05:05PM

I been vegetarian my whole life and I have God and my parents to thank for that!
I use to consume plenty of dairy and carbs when I was child but all that has changed now. For 7 years I have been doing the raw life style and I love it! My mother thinks I have gone a bit overboard but my father thinks it is pretty cool. I talk to people in general about my changes but I just can't seem to connect with anyone... Tell me, is it just me or does this happen to everyone that goes into this blissful life style? So anyways, one thing led to another and here I am trying this website out!
For anyone that is curious, I'm a 31 year old latin male...

PS: Anyone knows of some good kidney cleansing programs please inform me!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hello peeps!
Date: June 29, 2009 07:49PM

this is me!

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 02, 2009 07:20PM

i think we have all experinced similar road blocks, (family concern, no like minded people close by to share bliss with, etc..)

i find i keep on going , and smiling and people warm up to it all eventually smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: July 02, 2009 08:08PM

Yes! So true! Thanks again Jodi! smiling smiley

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 02, 2009 08:28PM

funny thing is when your parents were hare's at the time probably many people thought they were overboard too winking smiley

we certainly are the fruits of our parents hehe smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: July 03, 2009 04:36PM

I agree and think we've all been (or are still in) the same boat. My mother-in-law is expressing concerns to my husband about my health. They always thought it was weird to begin-with that I am vegan, but now she's REALLY worried about my health. It's funny because if I were to lose drastic amounts of weight by going on the Atkins diet or some other UN-healthy UN-balanced alternative, they would all be thrilled for me and cheer me on. But my choice is SO "not normal," they they are now concerned for me. Only time will prove to them the amazing benefits. So you're not alone. Keep at it. Smile and thank them for their concerns and be patient, but keep quietly sticking to the plan that works for you. And remember......... WE'RE ALL HERE FOR YOU TOO !!! =)

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Date: July 03, 2009 09:13PM

Thanks plainlydressed! Your advice is greatly appreciated! I will definitely follow it... Peace and Love to all!

Posted by: fiddler1 ()
Date: July 04, 2009 04:00PM

I have been raw vegan for 2 1/2 years now and my mother has gone from saying "what are you saving yourself from" to "can I try some of that". It has been a bit of a journey but I find keeping it quiet and bringing something raw to family dinners helps. They are all very interested now. I love to feed them my favourite recipes when they come over and they are now calling me for the recipes so they can make them for their friends. It's taken while. they were really worried at first when I lost so much weight, I don't have much to spare! I have since leveled off as I have increased my repetoir of recipes and have gained back to a healthy weight. They are concerned for your health, just keep at it and they will come around when they see how happy and healthy you are. Keep feeding them!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2009 04:02PM by fiddler1.

Date: July 05, 2009 03:11PM

More great advice! Thanks fiddler1! Well I better start uncooking! grinning smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 30, 2009 09:02PM

Only know about the "master cleanse"
google the book

besitos!

Date: August 10, 2009 07:34PM

Thanks for the info on the "master cleanse"! winking smiley
bck @ u!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables