Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Cajun Raw????
Posted by: westiemom ()
Date: July 14, 2009 05:07PM

Are there any other raw Louisiana Cajun's out there or am I doing this on my own?

I'm finding it hard to do since my family isn't raw - especially during certain times of the year with all the Cajun food that crosses my family's table. I know each culture has it's own food rituals, but with us South Louisiana Cajun's it seems to be amplified more than a lot of others.

I'd love to at least talk to another Louisiana person who's embarking on the same journey I am.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cajun Raw????
Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: July 17, 2009 10:08AM

I am northwest of Lake Charles. Lake Charles has a growing raw community. If you go to Pure Foods there, they have raw culinary classes. There is a raw food meetup group in Lafayette and I think there is a raw pot luck in New Orleans, there used to be.

Posted by: morgenjune ()
Date: July 22, 2009 12:38AM

Im not cajun but I do live in Grand Isle Louisiana! Im also not raw, well about 75% and a vegan of three years. I wish you the best luck and have an idea of how challenging being raw/vegan is in this area. If you have any Q's just ask!!

morgen~

Posted by: westiemom ()
Date: July 22, 2009 05:55PM

Ah, I love Grand Isle! Haven't been there in quite a while but used to go often as a child.

As for Lake Charles that's about 1.5 hours away from me. I'm just north of Alexandria. I've tried finding something around here raw food wise but haven't been able to. Even finding a good health food store is hard to do around here. I'll have to seriously consider taking the trip to Lake Charles and Lafayette if they're worth it.

I'm originally from Gonzales/St. Amant, LA - which is almost directly between New Orleans and Baton Rouge. We moved up here a year ago and I'm struggling to find my niche here.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 22, 2009 08:33PM

not sure how far you are from lafayette but there is a group on meetups.com that does raw foods it might be a start or maybe you can start one in your area smiling smiley

[www.meetup.com]

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: July 22, 2009 11:22PM

Wow, so your way far up there. Not even close to me, thats too bad. Did you know there are two whole foods in New Orleans? I try to make the trip up once a month for my fill of organic and special goodies!

Hmmm, I just might have to look up that meet up myself. I dont know where Lafayette is but it could be worth the trip on special occasions. Thanks Jgunn!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 05, 2009 10:58AM

I am brand new to this! I have looked at it and thought it too intimidating; however, my health is saying differently.

I am in Gonzales, where are you located?

Date: August 10, 2009 01:18AM

Is that Gonzales, La? Im all the way down in the butt-crack of Louisiana, Grand Isle smiling smiley Welcome abord and the best of luck to you mom2threekids!

nomnomnomnom...!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 29, 2009 12:32AM

Hey! I'm a Lake Charles Area Transplant! Talk about NUTS! I'm missin Cajun and seafood somethin' fierce too!

Anyway, I saw your post and just wanted to say HI! I'm in Alabama now around the Auburn area and new to the raw lifestyle but taking baby-steps to be 100 % within 6 months or so.

I'm going raw due to health concerns and sheer LACK of energy and just being too darn tired all the time. Plus, the raw food tastes almost as good as PREJEAN'S out of Lafayette! Man, we go on about that place at least once a week!

Nice meeting' you all and if you come up with any Etoufee' comporable recipies, I'm all ears! smiling smiley

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: December 29, 2009 09:51AM

Though I have been living in New Zealand for the past 10 years, I was born and raised in New Orleans. It's great fun to hear about peeps in Louisiana going raw!

Liassez les bons temps (eating raw food) rouler!!!

My favorite raw vegan

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables