Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Hi
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 04, 2006 12:59AM

Hello I'm 18 from North Dakota and heard about the raw foods diet in passing and wanted to find out more about it. I am sorry if this topics been covered a bunch but there is alot of information on this site, but how does a person get started on this path? I have always struggled in my eating habits and want to learn how to live a healthier lifestyle. Any information would be great, or even where I could look. Thanks in advance

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hi
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: August 12, 2006 09:24PM

Welcome! Great question(s). Answers:

-There are many good books on the subject. I like Gabriel Cousens - Conscious Eating...because it covers many aspects of eating.

-As to how to get started?

1) Determine what your dietary goals are. Write them down. Do you want to be 100% raw? What's your time frame? Set one. 1 year is a nice generous transition period. I took two! smiling smiley

2) Determine what percentage (roughly) of fresh, raw, plant food that you eat right NOW and are comfortable with right NOW. If it's 10%...make a plan/timetable to go up 1-2% per week.....so that you are up to 15% at the end of the month. Leave yourself a 'cheat day'.

3) Set very small and obtainable goals that you are very willing and motivated to do on a daily basis. If you fail...backtrack and set smaller goals until you succeed....and your brain gets used to success!

4) Eat whatever you have to that gets you closer to your goals.

5) Never go hungry. Always eat before you leave the house...and bring a snack....so you don't get caught someplace hungry and feel you have to eat crap.

-What do you think?

-David Mason

Posted by: lisaloveslife ()
Date: August 22, 2006 07:48PM

Wow David that pretty much seems to cover it all! Nice advice, you sound like a PRO. Thanks!

Lisa Renee

“There is nothing to fear but fear itself!” (An oldie but goodie)

Posted by: rooneyandmuldoon ()
Date: August 26, 2006 03:34AM

I like Victoria Boutenko's books, too. You can find good books with a search for "raw food" on many of the online shopping sites (Amazon.com, ebay, half.com, etc.). This website even has a bookstore!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2006 03:40AM by rooneyandmuldoon.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables