Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

My Intro: From Voracious Carnivore to Raw. Overnight.
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 04, 2009 07:55PM

Hello!

My name is Kevin and I am 22 years old (going to be 23 here in a few weeks) living in Portland, Oregon.

I have decided to use raw foods as a diet, rather than a permanent lifestyle change. After I reach my goal I will evaluate whether or not it is something I wish to continue and to what extent. In college I was losing weight at a great pace because eating was very restrictive there. After I graduated I could suddenly drive around and eat anywhere/everywhere I wanted, so I had to purposely place restrictions on me-- hence choosing raw foods.

I was 300 pounds when I first began to diet in college, now I am 243 when I weighed in at the beginning of the raw foods change. I decided to blog on my journey, as I find it helpful in keeping myself in check. Feel free to check it out and comment, I appreciate encouragement and if you are in a similar situation I am happy to go through the journey with you. My blog is [therawblogger.com]

I'm only on day 4 and am frantically searching for some "staples" which I can depend on, mainly for dinner. Eating fruit is easy for me, but I have never enjoyed vegetables. Now that I have to eat them raw it is even worse. There are some people out there that just don't like them, I am one of those people haha. Thus far I have managed to sneak them in smoothies with fruit to mask it but that is it.

So I'll be browsing the forum every now and again, looking for recipes and whatnot. Feel free to stop by my blog and say Hi: [therawblogger.com]

Re: My Intro: From Voracious Carnivore to Raw. Overnight.
Posted by: eecho ()
Date: September 04, 2009 07:58PM

Hi.
Don't worry, you'll grow to like certain things, and there are plenty of fun recipes to try. Good luck man

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: September 11, 2009 12:13PM

just eat fruit then - you'll be fine.

Posted by: RaeVynn ()
Date: September 13, 2009 05:17AM

Throw a big handful of leafy greens in the blender with some fruit - you're good.

Be sure to eat enough fruit. How are you about non-sweet fruit - tomatoes, cucumbers, red bell peppers? Toss them on a salad, if you can stand them, and get some good minerals that way.

Fruit is good. Be sure to eat lots of it. smiling smiley

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much
We are all in this together!
Namasté

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables