Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Weight control
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 24, 2009 02:08PM

Hi to everyone!

My name is Marco Polo and as such, always exploring new frontiers, in every possible sublime sense of the term.

I call myself a vegeterian in the sense that I have not been eating meat for many years, and by that I mean, no Poultry, Game or Red meat (neither when becomes blue or green of course :-) But until recently I was eating fish on a weekly basis (particularly Salmon) thinking of the vital need of Omega3 and 6, etc.

I was introduced to Living and Raw foods by a wonderful small book by Roxy Dillon "Radical Rejuvenation" which advocates a strict Vegetarian non animal derived food whatsoever.

I tried for 3 days but almost immediately I noticed a drastic drop in my weight. I am naturally slim (I am 56 and my average weight is 72 Kg and am 1.78 m tall. Sorry I am an italian and do not understand the imperial system of weights and mesaures :-(

Is there anybody there that can help me with suggestions on what to eat on a regular basis that will be consistent with this new lifestyle I would like to adopt and at the same time allow me to maintain and hopefully put on some more weight? I actually would like to tonify some muscles by doing some dayly dumbells training, but notice my new diet is not helping me.

I look forward to receiving some sensible advise on this and thank you all who read this. Thank you!

Marco Polo

Re: Weight control
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 24, 2009 08:21PM

Greetings from the Cribbean!

Being raw is a great adventure, Marco. You have taken the best trip ever.
How to survive in raw foods?
1st step: Read anything you can to educate yourself on this new venture. ("Rainbow Green Live-Food Cuisine" by Gabriel Cousens is very good.)
2nd step: Experiment with a new dish every day. Sometimes it's a soup, try an every day veggie in a different way or a sauce. Don't just stick to salads. You'll get bored, eventually.)
3rd Step: Keep in touch with sites like this one.They are very educational. Don't
give up, your body doesn't.

Let me tell you what I ate today:
Breakfast: Green Smoothie Strawberry Field ("Green for Life, Victoria Boutenko)
Fresh fruits all morning until noon.
Lunch: Salad with Sprouts & anything I can get find in the fridge
Onion Bread ("RAWvolution, Matt Amsden)
Cashew Celery Cheese
Have fun!

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: October 24, 2009 11:29PM

Training with many repetitions using light weights is great for building muscle. You may want to check out a site like fitday.com where you can enter the foods you eat in a day and see how many calories and how much protein you are getting.

Good luck in your explorations!

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: batalionn ()
Date: January 14, 2010 11:45PM

Have you tried the isogenix approach

Posted by: RAWLION ()
Date: February 25, 2010 08:18PM

ok marco. what you need to understand is that you need MORE fat, MORE protein. now protein is in everything vegetable, but its hard to eat enough for someone with your physique. You should focus on fruits and vegetables, BUT you REALLY need to focus on eating good nuts all the time. REAL raw almonds, not almonds from california USA. cashews are not raw. macadamias, pine nuts, brazil nuts are wonderful for your physique. keep in mind though that brazil nuts and almonds are your main nuts to stick with for alkalyzation. You need to eat LOTS of seeds, every seed. now if you aren't sprouting or soaking your seeds and nuts, you really aren't absorbing much from them. if you cannot soak them, you need to purchase natural plant based digestive enzyme pills. its that simple. chlorella, spirulina, hemp seeds, greens, nuts seeds. these are your extreme friends, Marco. focus on these things being 50% of your diet. THEN you will be successful. Your problem is addressed by Dr. Cousens, when he discovered the 3 types of people who fit into 3 levels of oxidative effect on our food. you are the type that needs to focus on eating more protein, more fat. i am your opposite. if i eat too many nuts in a day, i DONT lose weight. so my focus is on greens and fruit. and i try to not eat hardly any seeds and nuts.
good luck

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables