Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Greetings from Berlin
Posted by: Nyaz ()
Date: November 01, 2009 11:15PM

Hello Rawfooders!
I just wanted to drop into the forum and say hello. I am an American living in Berlin, and am continuing the raw journey that I veered away from a few years ago. I constantly think about how wonderful I felt, and feel that the decision to return to raw is no harder than the decision of leaving my home country indefinitely!

Raw ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS sticks in the back of my mind as the best path for me, and this is something that I can no longer ignore for convenience. And I suppose I am telling myself this as much as I am telling you in this forum! Every time I get one of my various "daily raw inspirations" in my in-box, I think to myself, "Why are you ignoring this."

My mind tells me this now: You are away from everything emotionally tying you to old eating patterns, and you have TOTAL freedom to create the life-profile you want. So do it! And so that's what I am doing.

So, in a nutshell (or a novel, depending on how long of a post you consider this to be ;-)) that is what is going on for me on this Sunday evening in Berlin as a newly-committed raw woman.

Love to you all.

And, a hardy and authentic "Hello" to you!

Cheers,
Nyaz

"With life as short as a half taken breath, don't plant anything but love."- Rumi

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Greetings from Berlin
Posted by: Trive ()
Date: November 02, 2009 02:46AM

What a powerful choice you have made: "to create the life-profile you want."
Here's cheering you on in your decision. Hip hip, hooray!!!

As to your comment...

-You can't kick ass and have both feet on the ground at the same time.-

... that is not true for my little buddy, Fernando, in the photo. When he "kicks ass," his front two feet stay on the ground. Unfortunately the "ass" that gets kicked is usually his brother, Ruffin. Ha! (I hope you don't mind me writing that. I couldn't resist.)

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: Nyaz ()
Date: November 02, 2009 06:14AM

LOL! Thank's Trive, for the support and kind words.

And, I suppose you are correct.... it is possible to kick ass and have both feet on the ground..... I should probably amend the quote to say "to have all your feet on the ground" to include our animal friends!

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: November 02, 2009 10:50PM

welcome to the site smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables