Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Greetings from Cincinnati, Ohio
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 09, 2009 09:24PM

I reside near Cincinnati, Ohio and I am having difficulty finding fresh organic produce in my area. Is there anyone out there from the same area that can tell me where I should be shopping for more organic, fresh produce? Most of the grocery stores in my area have very little and it is becoming discouraging to try and find produce that is not loaded with pesticides. This is a big issue for me and I need to find a solution. Does anyone know about Whole food markets? Ever been there? Do they have a large supply of organic greens and fruits? There is one kind of near Cincy, but I don't want to travel there if it is not worth my time. I tried to call them and was left on hold forever, finally hung up. Not a good sign. Thanks smiling smiley

Re: Greetings from Cincinnati, Ohio
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: November 10, 2009 03:30AM

might wanna try these links and see if you cant find soemthing close to home smiling smiley
also asian markets also have a large supply of fruits and veggies typically, and dont be scared to contact pickyourown places as often they will be happy to sell you stuff if you dont want to pickit yourself smiling smiley

[www.pickyourown.org]
[marketplace.chef2chef.net]
[www.localharvest.org]

asian supermarket here [www.huaxin.us]
and here [www.melroseflowers.com] Area
and east indian markets as well here [www.thokalath.com] and here [www.garamchai.com]

the asian and indian markets often provide some really neat treasures of food you might not find in your regular grocer smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2009 03:35AM by Jgunn.

Date: November 10, 2009 12:34PM

WOW, Thank you Jgunn,

These sites are awesome. I guess that I am just not that internet savvy yet, I will definitely bookmark these sites, I have a feeling that I will refer back to them quite a bit. Thank you very much! Have a great day! smiling smiley Deb

Date: November 10, 2009 07:06PM

hey no prob ! i know their not organic specific but hopefully with some digging around you can find some good suppliers smiling smiley whole foods usually has a good selection for sure but whos to say from store to store smiling smiley

maybe try contacting this person and see if she cant give youa heads up in your area smiling smiley [www.urbanorganiccincinnati.com] or this guy

Dan's Organic Gardening (513) 530-0880
8924 E Kemper Rd
Cincinnati, OH 45249

Date: November 11, 2009 02:32AM

Wow,

It's like you know where I live in the Cincy area. East Kemper is very near me:O I appreciate all of your help, I will check into both of these too. I went to the Whole Foods Market today, and........ I was pleasantly surprised. When the weather gets rough here, I won't be able to travel that far, but man oh man, I had fun today. I got asian pears, organic grapes, organic rainbow chard!, ginger root (yay), and a ton of other stuff. I even indulged in some edible flowers, my mom and daughter think I have lost my mind. One of them tasted just like a really hot jalepeno pepper. It was a fun day and I was 100% raw today. I can't say that every day, but... today was good. Thanks for being my raw ^j^ (my daughter says that is a cyber angel) IDK, I am still learning, lol, thanks again.
smiling smiley Deb

Date: November 11, 2009 02:54AM

aww thanks to you an yer daughter ! grinning smiley

great on the whole foods market smiling smiley the only real complaints ive heard about them is that they are pricey on some things and sometimes their customer service stinks .. but if you can get past that and go in an get what you want then its all good smiling smiley

if yer happy thats all that matters smiling smiley glad to hear you found some raw treasures !! =D

Posted by: Nyaz ()
Date: November 11, 2009 04:09PM

Go to the Findlay market. In down town Cinci. It is awesome! Great produce from local farmers.

"With life as short as a half taken breath, don't plant anything but love."- Rumi

Posted by: Nyaz ()
Date: November 11, 2009 04:09PM

Also, JUNGLE JIMS!!! That was a must for me being Raw in Cinci.

"With life as short as a half taken breath, don't plant anything but love."- Rumi

Date: November 11, 2009 06:08PM

I've been to Jungle Jim's alot, but they are so very expensive on their organic produce, it kills me. My daughter always wants to go and then it costs me double because she wants to try all of the fruits and veggies that are there. I feel terrible about giving my family pesticide induced veggies and fruit. Sometimes I actually get headaches from eating non organic now. I don't know whether all the hype is true about pesticides, herbicides and the like, but now that I know, I try to buy organic whenever possible and that gets expensive at Jungle Jim's. I will try Findlay Market tho. Thank you: ) Deb

Date: December 22, 2009 09:42PM

Hit up the Trader joe's in kenwood at the kenwood/mont x-ing. Their selection isnt as big as jungle jims or whole foods but the prices are worth it if your buying organic produce. In the winter i tend to stick with whole foods and trader joes til the indy farms come out to play. Good luck! Hope it was helpful.

Date: December 22, 2009 09:45PM

oh and there are a few Fresh Markets too, but they're just "meh" most of the time.

Date: December 22, 2009 10:40PM

I never thought of Trader Joe's, I will try them the next time I am out in Kenwood, Thanks!
smiling smiley Deb

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables