Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Hello from New Jersey
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 20, 2009 04:14AM

Hello!

My name is Tommy and I am currenlty on my journey of becoming raw. I am a vegan at the moment and have listened to hours of Dr, Graham talking about the raw movement. It makes sense to me and when things make sense, I try them. I am also reading the book 80/10/10 by Dr. Graham. I am hoping to learn about recipies and to share what I learn along the way. My goal is to be raw by the first of the year.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hello from New Jersey
Posted by: Trive ()
Date: November 20, 2009 05:51AM

Hello to you too and good luck on your journey. I just posted lots of possible fillings in the recipe forum. I hope you find something you like.

My favorite raw vegan

Date: November 25, 2009 05:42AM

Where in Jersey? Anyone else from Jersey?

Date: November 30, 2009 02:22PM

I'm in central Jersey and need to meet more raw foodies! The only people I know who have heard on the raw food movement are on this site...

Posted by: serenad ()
Date: January 26, 2010 07:22PM

I am from North Jersey. I found some other raw foodies on meetup.com but usually all the meetups you have to pay for, which is not that great for me as I am broke. :-( Any other raw foodies from north jersey?

Date: March 14, 2010 02:16PM

Hi Tommy, I too live in Central NJ. I am entering my 3rd week of the "Raw" program. It is quite a transition.

I've taken a class on how to begin following the raw food program using Alissa Cohen's method - I'm scheduled for my 2nd class end of the month to learn about the sprouting and dehydrating process.

I'm starting to get the hang of it .... it's definitely challenging.

Diane

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: March 14, 2010 05:29PM

Hi, Diane,
Happy third week! I sense your excitement.
I find that keeping it simple helps. Sometimes I buy sprouts, although it is cheaper to sprout them yourself. I tried dehydrating, but it doesn't seem as healthy as fresh and juicy.
I hope you have fun with it.
See you around,
Trive

My favorite raw vegan

Date: March 15, 2010 03:00AM

Hi Trive,
I agree - the dehydrating is definitely for the higher calorie dishes - which I intend to keep for weekends and special occasions.

I need to learn the whole sprouting thing - I buy sprouts from whole foods and I put them in my salad - Lentil, broccoli, mung beans -

everyday is a journey.

Diane

Posted by: faeterri ()
Date: March 16, 2010 02:10PM

Sprouting is pretty easy, especially lentils... Soak lentils in water overnight (8 hours). Drain, rinse and drain again. The following day there should be little tails. Refrigerate for storage.

I also like clover sprouts, done like alfalfa, but with a more crisper texture. I do mine by soaking clover seeds 4-6 hours in a wide mouth jar with screen lid. Drain, rinse, drain. Then I rinse and drain 3 times a day. I usually put the jar upside down in a dish drainer so that there is no standing water in the jar which may rot the sprouts. In about 5-7 days I wash the hulls off by putting sprouts into a bowl of water. The hulls sink or float and I harvest fresh sprouts from the middle. I drain well and green up the little ones in sun for a day. Rinse, drain, refrigerate, eat.

Date: March 19, 2010 01:36AM

I've never sprouted before - I'm going to a class on 3/27 to learn how -

I believe that raw greens, fruit and soaked sprouted nuts, and grains are the healthiest for us.

I look forward to the sprouting.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables