Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Newly raw in Cincy, Oh!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 22, 2009 09:51PM

Hey everyone, i just joined the site and was looking for any raw-natians who want to trade some stories. Let me know, much love to ya! TAHTAH!!

Also, does anyone know if Whole foods would order "organic" young coconuts, cause the ones they have here arent labeled organic.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Newly raw in Cincy, Oh!
Date: December 22, 2009 10:38PM

I am in Cincinnati too, been trying to stay about 75% raw with a long term goal of 100% raw by next summer. Not sure about the young coconuts, I would just ask them. I go to the one in Mason and they are all extremely nice there.
smiling smiley Deb

Date: December 23, 2009 06:10AM

yeah, i may just have to do that. i've been getting cases of them from this asian market in sharonville cause they're cheaper than the ones at whole foods, but if i can find organic then i'll be in buisness. and yes, i agree the mason location's employees seem very helpful without even having to ask.

congrats on the 75%! i went 100% raw for a few months a couple years back but gave up when i moved. now i'm back to roughly 80% to 90% give or take. have you seen any noticable changes in your health yet ?
i've been doing alot of hot sulfur green juices and my rate of detox has changed dramatically.

Date: December 23, 2009 12:41PM

Oh my goodness, yes, the benefits are amazing. First off, I lost 17 pounds and several inches off of my body! I am very happy about that. I have knee problems and although I still get some pain sometimes (when it is really cold), it is not anything like I was experiencing while eating a SAD diet. My skin has cleared up considerably. It may be my imagination, but it seems like some cellulite is disappearing and my sinus problem is not nearly what it was before.

I have been experimenting with raw since August. I really enjoy experimenting with smoothies, love to dehydrate my own crackers, but now that I think about it, I haven't eaten those much lately. I try to keep my diet simple and that makes it easier for me to work toward 100% raw. I plan on putting in my own garden next year. I always grow a few things in our yard (tomatoes, peppers, basil) but plan on going all out this coming summer.

I have not yet tried hot sulfur green juices. Want to try wheatgrass juicing, but I still have two others in the home to consider. Although they enjoy raw, they still lack the commitment that I am hoping for. Everything in time, I suppose. I don't want to pressure or stress about it because it has really been fun so far, except for some detox issues.

smiling smiley Deb

Date: December 24, 2009 02:43AM

hey there! i just joined and i'm in cincinnati too! i do mostly raw, except during the winter i like my hot soups. dinasaurus, i actually returned a young coconut that i bought at whole foods because i read what they do to non organic ones. (fromaldohide!!) the only place i've found organic ones is on line and they're super expensive and you have to order them in bulk! i was in hawaii this summer and worked on an organic farm that had lots of coconut trees - it was awesome! drank lots of coconut water!!

Date: December 27, 2009 08:13PM

simple diets are the best cause theyre the easiest. i've always benn pretty simple as well when it comes to diets, and now i mainly stick to green juices and smoothies cause they are the only thing i ever want.... well guacamole too.
i used to have a dehydrator but i lost it a few years back in a move. but i probably wouldnt use it anyway cause i eat enough sugary fruit and nut/seeds as is. but i do like the seed crackers...perhaps one day ill get an "excaliber" again.

thanks for the tip grinny, i've heard that before but wasn't sure if it was true. that's a shame too cause i use them for bases alot in smoothies, oh well, i'll just stick with brazil nut milk.
you know that you have to be choosy about cashews too? cause some that are labeled "raw" are still steamed out of their shells. i've heard sunfood.com sells real raw ones and a few other raw sites too. just a thought.

Date: December 27, 2009 08:16PM

oh deb, i forgot to ask how young the kids were. cause there's a few "tricks" i've heard you can use on really young toddlers to get them to eat greens with their sweets. spirulina + homemade apple sauce is always i neat one i think.

Date: December 28, 2009 12:15AM

Hi Dinosaurus,

Oh no, no toddlers is our house! We are talking teenagers and my husband, 16 year old daughter, 19 year old son. My son is so junk food addicted and it kills me to watch it change not only his health and skin, but also his demeanor. It makes him mean and he fights alot with me when he eats SAD food or junk food. I wont have it in the house, but he still eats it and you can see his personality change. It's a shame.

sad smiley Deb

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables