Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

New to Raw
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 05, 2010 12:57AM

Hi Everyone! grinning smiley

I'm not a full vegan but a guest at my hotel was telling about going raw. i was telling him about how i don't eat beef or chicken and if i have to i'll eat fish. but as he was telling me raw and the more and more he was talking about the more and more i wanted to look into.

Even with all my research i'm still very confused. i'm not sure how this works what you can and can't eat. i understand the whole NO meat but fruit and veggie wise i'm still confused.

Does anyone mind helping me?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New to Raw
Posted by: Trive ()
Date: February 05, 2010 02:24AM

Yep, lots and lots of fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds in their natural, whole, ripe, uncooked state with all of their nutrients, enzymes, water and fiber. Heating food above 115°F damages and destroys nutrients and creates toxins, so the optimal choice is organic, raw foods where no unnatural toxins have been added through cooking, pesticides, preservatives, or other additives.

A really good explanation can be found at www.rawforlife.co.uk
Click on "What Is The Raw Food Diet" and you'll find a description by Debbie Took.

You'll find people on this site are very helpful too. of course. I only referred you there because it's a thorough explanation for a beginner, but an easy read.

Although you'll find agreement on the many things about raw food, there are many things that are up for discussion and personal choice, so keep reading, writing in questions and experimenting to find what is right for you. I hope you have fun exploring. I did.

And WELCOME!!!

My favorite raw vegan

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables