Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Seattle WA newbie
Posted by: Libbythebc ()
Date: February 06, 2010 05:20PM

I'm just getting into this way of eating. Until I lived in the city I pretty much grew everything I ate including meat. City life on this country girl has been a change! I have fed raw to my dogs and cat for ages and just crated a raw diet for my parrot. I got around to thinking one day if my pets benefit so much from this, what about me? Then I did some research and here I am. I've started out slowly and I have a long road ahead. About 3 weeks ago I began bringing big bowls of organic salad to work for lunch, slowly replacing the animal protein with nuts. Still using hard boiled eggs for my cravings. This week it is time to address breakfast, creating a raw meal that will wake me up and help me tackle the day. I'm having a weekend of green smoothies, trying out different things seeing what I like and what sticks to my ribs. So far I am combating some gas, but I think if I don't combine nuts and fruit it might help. My system is struggling to rebuild after so long on an average diet, I'll be very kind to it. I also suspect the I have a mild gluten intolerance since eating green smoothies and two eggs yesterday I have NO joint pain today! Also I didn't experience my normal sluggishness in the afternoon. Hey so far the benefits out do the gas winking smiley I have good support from my partner, who is actually willing to try some of the stuff! My goal is to be 80% and keep the other 20% simple and sensible.

Oh and any of you Washingtonians this place racks my socks



Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Seattle WA newbie
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: February 07, 2010 04:00AM

heh neighbor farm girl smiling smiley (im in mission bc canada) i can soooooooooo relate lol ... i had my farm 20 years before the big Deevorce and found myself in the city ... i didnt leave my apartment for 3 days tongue sticking out smiley

yea try not to combine fat (nuts) with fruit .. it is a bad combo for gas for some people smiling smiley

nice to meet you stick around and ask lots of questions smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Seattle WA newbie
Posted by: Libbythebc ()
Date: February 07, 2010 08:01PM


Thanks! Fortunately I live in a part of Seattle where I actually have a house and a yard! I did live in am apartment with two Border Collies for a few years and that was tough. Lucky I have country friends and I still work the dogs on sheep so it keeps me in touch with the earth. Have some swell friends that run organic farms, producing produce, eggs and meat and certified organic. I should be eating well when the veggies start growing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Seattle WA newbie
Posted by: zella ()
Date: February 15, 2010 08:35PM

I am out on Alki...It's Beautiful!!

I just made a carob pie with blackberries. It's so good but yah..the combining is I just have little bits here and there.


Vegetarian Children's Book Club ~ []

Books for and about Vegetarian, Vegan, and Raw Vegan Kids!

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
All Rights Reserved


Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables