Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Where do you live?
Posted by: alisonott ()
Date: February 09, 2010 01:28PM

I'm living in Europe at the moment, but am thinking that my future might see me transferring somewhere warmer, somewhere that assists the raw-food, high fruit diet.

Would love to hear about where people using this forum live and how easy is it to be LFRW where you all are?

Alison

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Where do you live?
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: February 09, 2010 02:20PM

hey alison, im new here but am from Scotland in the United Kingdom.

Which isnt too hard to follow a raw diet, most foods are readily available which is good. Although like yourself would love a move to a warmer climate.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 11, 2010 08:18PM

Actually it to live in a place that has mostly warmer climate because of Yin and Yang balances. It is better to eat a lot of RAW fruits and veggies mostly in the warmer seasons and your unraw stuff that grow better in the cold seasons like potatoes, legumes, and grains. Eating with natural order of nature is best for maintaining correct energy flow in the body according to the macrobiotic diet. I am still personally exploring how much this is true or not. It is an interesting thing to explore more into.

Posted by: RAWLION ()
Date: March 12, 2010 05:42AM

all i know is that i have been eating greens and fruit ALL winter, and i feel great. but of course, i live in Santa Rosa, CA. possibly the best area on the mainland to be raw vegan. as we have fruit and veggies year round! so in that sense my locavore style eating is in tune and flows with local gaia energy.

The Raw Lion 440 pounds to 225 pounds!

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: March 12, 2010 07:40AM

Hi, Alison,

I live on the North Island of New Zealand in an area called the Bay of Plenty. The town is Whakatane. I can go on and on about how great it is here. (If you're curious, check it out on the internet.) The climate here is very mild - never very hot and never very cold. It vies with a couple of other towns for the title of sunniest town in New Zealand.

I find it easy to be LFRV here, although there isn't a community of rawfooders locally. There are in some other areas of NZ, though. By happenstance, today I met another person who eats raw when he was doing some work at my house. We each had thought that we were the only raw foodists in town, but now wonder if there are others. Fresh fruits and veges are plentiful. I lived for a while at a house in town that had a plum orchard in the backyard. Many people have citrus trees in their yards. There are local berry farms. There's a weekly farmer's market. There's an organic food company in another town that delivers produce boxes.

Best wishes in your search!

My favorite raw vegan

Date: March 16, 2010 09:09PM

Hidden Valley Lake, Ca... wine country

Posted by: STLCardsFan ()
Date: March 20, 2010 04:05AM

Just south of Nashville, TN. I am new here. Hi!!

Date: March 29, 2010 10:56PM

I am in Virginia.

Date: March 31, 2010 03:27PM

New to this forum. Live north of the perimeter (I-285) around Atlanta, GA. Do most of my shopping at Whole Foods Market, Trader Joe's, and the International Farmers' Market.

Date: April 13, 2010 07:22PM

I'm in Chicago, IL and also pretty new to raw. I go to Whole Foods mostly, as it is close to where I live, but I will be frequenting farmers markets when the weather is a bit warmer. So far, the transition has been fairly easy for me. I think it is amazing how eating mostly raw foods changes everything! I have had to reevaluate the people in my life and I now limit the time I spend with anyone who is more negative than positive. Some people don't really understand why I am doing this, but they do seem curious as to how I have lost nearly 15 pounds in 1 month haha. I look forward to connecting with raw vegan people from all over the world!!

Diana

Date: April 13, 2010 11:44PM

Diana,
Kia Ora! Here's a big "Hello" and "Welcome" from the other side of the globe....
New Zealand. It is always nice to read the wonderful changes and benefits someone is experiencing from their shift to raw foods.
Wishing you continued dietary success and personal growth,
Robin (a.k.a. Trive)

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: May 11, 2010 04:57PM

South central Pa USA here.

Fresh organic produce,with the exception of melons,is available year round where I live,within about a 30 min drive.

Vinny

Date: May 12, 2010 03:05AM

I am in NorthEast Pa. I am very new to the raw food lifestyle but am grateful I decided to go raw now because it is the time of year here for farmers markets galore!

Date: May 12, 2010 06:52PM

Hi,
I have just joined the site and I am English living in SW France. Probably no-one in my area but would be great if there is!
I have been 75-80% raw for over 2yrs now- inspired by one of my sons. Definately better for my health. I work quite hard here as a gardener and am over 50.
I would love to hear from others wherever you are!!
Look forward

Date: May 13, 2010 01:53AM

danseure,

Welcome to the site. Isn't it wonderful to have a global community of raw fooders? As a gardener, do you grow some of your own food?

P.S.: At 55 I feel younger than I did at 45. Woohoo!

My favorite raw vegan

Date: June 09, 2010 09:18PM

I'm new to this forum too, but I've been raw going on 3 months now. I'm on Vancouver Island, Canada.

PS How do I add a photo to my signature?

Posted by: cyclopsicle ()
Date: June 13, 2010 07:35PM

At least 60% raw since mid Jan, usually higher. Longest raw streak was 8 days haha. I live in PHILLY!

Date: June 13, 2010 09:40PM

Hi, Darla,

You asked about adding a picture with your signature to show up for each message you post. Instructions are in the Formatting Your Post thread.

First, you put need to upload your picture onto a website.
I used www.photobucket.com
Each photo you upload will have a URL.

After you do that, go to the Control Center on this site.
Click on Edit Signature. Then you will type
img inside of brackets, the photo's URL, and /img inside of brackets

Here's what it looks like for my donkey's photo; HOWEVER, BE SURE TO NOTE that I am inserting an asterisk inside the brackets so it won't be hidden from view (and you'd see Fernando instead of the imbedded code):

[img*]http://i678.photobucket.com/albums/vv145/trov/100_0020.jpg[/img*]
My favorite raw vegan

For the header on this site, it would look like this (minus the *'s, of course):
[img*]http://www.living-foods.com/images/livingfoods.gif[/img*]

It took me several tries before I had success. (Thank you, Jodi.)
When you practice, you can use the Preview button to check it out before you post.

Another hint is to select the smaller photo size from photobucket. In the first photo I posted I looked like the 50 Foot Woman until I figured out how to adjust the size!

Good Luck! And WELCOME to the site.

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: Nubster ()
Date: June 14, 2010 05:39AM

West Virginia. I love it here but not the most raw friendly place. I dream of living someplace like CA for the food and year round growing.

Date: July 01, 2010 09:23PM

Hello,

I’m Dominique Lebeau ,Single, Nurse, Naturopath, Gourmet raw food chef and educator certified by Living Light Culinary Arts Institute. I’m from Montréal, Québec, Canada. Open to meet somebody.

I went to Hippocrates Health Institute 3 years ago. After that, a friend talked to me about Hallelujah Acres and I bought all the books of Dr David Brownstein and Iodoral. I refused an hysterectomy. I recovery before my visit to the institute with dark green leafy juices 3 times a day, 8 onces…and Iodoral help me a lot too after.

I'm glad to be healthy now. I invite you on my facebook page. Feel free to share somethings about health. Did you recovery from sicknesses? Do you want to share your testimonies ?

Date: July 04, 2010 09:34PM

Im new to the site and the life style but hope to grow into both with time.Im from Boston MA

Date: July 21, 2010 09:09PM

Hi,

I am new to this site too. Fairly new to the raw food diet but the transition has been quite easy since I have been a vegetarian all my life! It's been fun so far.

Date: July 22, 2010 08:28AM

Glad you're having fun. smiling smiley
Welcome to the site.

My favorite raw vegan

Date: July 22, 2010 07:13PM

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum. I'm living in Tuscaloosa, Alabama.

Date: July 22, 2010 07:45PM

Beautiful pics of raw food in your blog, Jennie. Welcome!

My favorite raw vegan

Date: July 23, 2010 09:10PM

Thanks, Trive! smiling smiley

Date: July 29, 2010 02:00AM

Hi everyone.I live in Richmond VA.Started going Raw around 2 weeks now.Just got sick of pills,pain and doctors visits.Right now I don't know anyone who is Raw.Looking for some support and advice.

Date: July 29, 2010 08:39AM

Hi, klbh89,
Welcome to the site.
I used to live in C'ville, VA, although that was 10 years ago and before going raw. You'll get lots of support and advice here - just write in your questions.
smiling smiley

My favorite raw vegan

Re: Where do you live? Neosho, Missouri
Date: August 10, 2010 12:53AM

I am new to any kind of healthy eating. I was raised on beef and potatoes (cooked of corse) I have been eating raw since the 4th of July 2010... Im not going back... I feel really good...I would love to learn more about this well kept secret

Date: August 17, 2010 03:48PM

Mount Airy, North Carolina, USA

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables