Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Where do you live?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 18, 2010 12:16PM

Hi all,

I live in tropical Southwest Florida, in a town called Naples. I've been living here for nearly 24 years. I'm brand new to this way of eating and hope I have the courage and strength to move forward. smiling smiley

~Ally

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: August 19, 2010 05:32PM

Colorado - Between Denver and Boulder
It's great to hear where all of you are from!
I am new hear, as far as posting...have been reading on and off for quite a while.

Posted by: reina80 ()
Date: August 20, 2010 12:55PM

Recently from Wyoming - transplanted to Maryland for about ten months and then its up in the air! I so miss the west though...

Posted by: ventures ()
Date: September 02, 2010 12:57PM

I live in Northern Utah

Posted by: pegbord ()
Date: September 18, 2010 05:52AM

We live in Washington State. Goldenrain, I was encouraged to read that you're in CO. My husband and I are moving to Boulder area next spring smiling smiley

Date: September 19, 2010 03:48AM

Fresno, California, where there is an abundance of fresh produce, with organic farms steadily growing. But raw foodists are a bit scarce around here as far as I can tell. I am 95% raw, with a small amount of small fish (sardines) occasionally added to my diet. My coworkers think I'm crazy to eat this way, but I feel great at 51 and have such confidence in my health that it doesn't faze me to take on a hike into the Grand Canyon in October. Would love to go to Europe to meet raw foodists and possibly work on organic farms.

Date: September 20, 2010 04:48AM

Hello All,

I'm a newbie from Fort Wayne, IN, USA. I'm about 80% raw and absolutely love it. I've been "raw" for about 3 months but it's been 2 years researching and learning about food that naturally progressed into the lifestyle that is "raw". I like learning about all the types of raw food and their health and nutritional benefits. I also like learning about growing food. That is a bit of a challenge living in a small apartment but I'm doing a lot with growing in pots and look forward to doing more next season.

Darus

Date: September 20, 2010 05:02PM

I live in Mayville, WI. I'm new to raw foods, and I have to admit, not completely eating just living foods. I am excited about the concept of living foods though, and plan to keep moving in that direction. It'll be tough to give up brats though...

Posted by: Doktormartini ()
Date: September 24, 2010 02:57AM

Northern Illinois, about an hour and half from Chicago smiling smiley

Posted by: teresa412009 ()
Date: September 28, 2010 05:48AM

I live a La Crosse village,so remote from the city

Posted by: Born2BeRaw ()
Date: October 07, 2010 07:06PM

22 here, folks! From good ol' Texas, USA. Finding locals to GO RAW with seems to be mission impossible around these parks. Then again, maybe I'm simply not searching hard enough. Would be great to make a few raw buddies here in Houston. If such folks exist, message me: [WhyBeTheGoodGuy]@[tmomail.net]. Not sure if I am allowed to post an email address, but I'm nearly desperate here. Feels like all my regular "friends" think I have gone bonkers! Help, I'm reaching out here! Hopefully this message reaches you (whomever that may be) well.

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: October 08, 2010 02:04AM

That is why these raw forums are so great - - we have a community right here!

(I used to think raw foodists were bonkers - - until I became one myself!)

My favorite raw vegan

Date: October 31, 2010 03:11AM

So. Cal

Posted by: RaeVynn ()
Date: November 12, 2010 04:38AM

We live on the coast in Washington State... but, we hope to someday move to Ecuador (or Belize. Haven't made the final plan yet), where we'll be able to grow more of our own food.

Where we live, we have a tiny yard, but I do grow greens, and herbs, and we have a small plum tree (got 4 plums this year!), blueberry bushes, strawberry plants, and an apricot tree that, I hope, will bear next year.

I want to move somewhere that will let me grow figs, bananas, pineapples, berries, greens, tomatoes (mine rotted this year - sigh), etc., any or all of the above.

Date: November 14, 2010 08:43AM

I live in South Africa, Johannesburg. I moved here from Russia over a year ago. And i'm looking for vegan&raw foodist society here...

Posted by: redfivenine ()
Date: December 26, 2010 01:19AM

currently in orlando, florida...new to orlando area, new to raw vegan - as of september 2010....no turning back!.....

Posted by: Lauranewman ()
Date: January 03, 2011 10:15PM

I am moving back to England after 2 years in Brazil. Anyone living in the Somerset area of England? I would love to meet you.

I trained at Hippocrates Health Institute, Florida in 2002. I have been doing my best with a living raw food diet since then.

Single mum, speech therapist & health educator, 48 years young.

Laura
mysunshinelearning@yahoo.co.uk

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: January 10, 2011 01:21PM

Currently residing in New Jersey, USA. Actually really close to NYC.

Posted by: klomasius ()
Date: January 11, 2011 03:59PM

I live in Melbourne, Australia. smiling smiley

Date: January 11, 2011 04:19PM

Canada, across the border from Detroit. Not here for long so far, probably not staying that long either but here's where we are for now!

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: January 11, 2011 08:34PM

Yuba City, California

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Date: January 13, 2011 06:56PM

Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA

Date: January 14, 2011 02:40PM

Hello All,

I live in Central NJ,USA.
I become Vegan about three months back and now become 80% Raw Since December.
Just lovin it. smiling smiley
Still can't imagine how can i gave up cheese,wine and coffee.....

Looking for Raw vegan community near by.

Date: February 02, 2011 10:13PM

Hello!

I moved to Missouri in November, from Portland OR! I have a business here, and have been vegetarian for almost 8 years. Now I am trying a raw/vegan diet for the month of February and see what changes I see in my health and my body. It has been interesting so far... made a dressing that I love and vegan burgers! Hope to maybe see other ppl from Missouri...and get new recipe ideas and encouragement!

-Aksinya

Date: February 08, 2011 09:15AM

Seattle, WA.

Sue

Posted by: proteus ()
Date: February 11, 2011 06:57AM

Brooklyn, New York, USA

Posted by: Laura-Jane ()
Date: February 13, 2011 09:26PM

I live on a small island in Canada. smiling smiley

Laura-Jane the Rawtarian
[www.therawtarian.com]
[www.rawfooddietplanhq.com]

Date: February 13, 2011 09:38PM

Great looking recipes Laura-Jane!
Which island? I was always too freaked out by being totally surrounded by water to live on an island myself. But I love to visit them, Canadian islands are so awesome.

Date: March 08, 2011 12:53AM

I live in Iowa. Don't move here! Being a raw food vegan in Iowa completely blows especially in the winter. There is barely any organic produce available other than hybrid, seedless citrus, bananas, apples and bell peppers and lettuce which you pay dearly for. I have tried talking to local produce managers but they don't really listen. We do have farmers markets may through october but hardly any of the booths are organic or even all natural. There is no support here that I have found. People here are all about cooked food and meat. They freak out when they find out my daughter and I eat Vegan and thats without telling them I eat raw foods only. They are convinced we will be unhealthy. I feel better than I did 10 years ago and most of fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue symptoms are gone. How is that unhealthy? I am hoping to move one day but for now I am stuck here and trying to make the best of it. I did find a co-op but its almost an hours drive away. We don't have Trader Joes or Whole foods. The local Whole Health store only carries tomatoes, kale, squash and potatoes for produce. I am curious what others pay for organic avocados. They are $1.99 each here.

Date: March 13, 2011 10:18PM

I live in Ontario, starting a totally raw diet for the first time, been vegan/vegetarian for about 8 years. Very excited for this change. I feel like my biggest challenge is the winter, summers are so easy. Winter just makes it so hard to stick to a raw food diet but I am going to do it anyway!
smiling smiley

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables