Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Anyone else have experiences with emotional detox the first month?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 23, 2010 06:07PM

Hi all,

Just wanted to check in to ask if anyone's experienced emotional detox in the first month of raw....I know that people have mentioned emotionally letting go of things as their bodies cleanse, feeling up and down, etc, but I think I just need to double check! My husband and I are on day 23 of what is going to be a 30 day 100% raw experiment. We decided to just stop everything overnight at once and it was super rough for the first few days, but it got a lot easier after a week or so. After this month is over, we talked about wanting to continue at least a high raw way of eating. For me, 100% is a bit too limiting for long term.

The benefits are that I've been feeling a lot less tired throughout the day, have more energy and we both look a whole lot better, (been taking pics every couple of days as a marker) but I've been crying for a couple of days over anything and everything, and wanted to make sure that was normal? I know nothing can be corrected in a few short weeks, and it's only been 3, but I suppose I had some idea in my head that after 2 or 3 weeks, my body and mind would be normalized! Crazy I know....anyway, just wanted to hear from anyone who understands this or has had similar experiences. Maybe I'm just impatient. My husband had a really bad rash for a few days all over his body, but it cleared up and he looks really amazing. He said he feels pretty good except for he feels moody a lot and has noticed that the meat cooking at his job smells super rancid to him for the first time; I think his sense of smell is also heightened now. I have to say, for him quitting smoking overnight as well, it's incredible that he hasn't been a nightmare. I think this way of eating has even helped his nicotine withdrawals, because he's tried to quit before and I couldn't be around him past the first day. Well, that's pretty much it for now, hope everyone's having an incredible day.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone else have experiences with emotional detox the first month?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 23, 2010 11:01PM

Wanilla,

Anytime you make a life changing event there are going to be withdrawals. Personally going Vegan was more than just a food choice, it was a life changing event; mentally, spiritually and physically. It is like letting go of your old self and transforming into this new being.

I say let go and go with whatever happens and most importantly don't be scared. I tell my wife all the time that being vegan and eating raw has been one of the most powerful experiences I have ever had. It is like tapping into a life force that I didn't know existed.

Re: Anyone else have experiences with emotional detox the first month?
Posted by: RAWLION ()
Date: March 26, 2010 07:03AM

it is hella rough! the detoxing is truly releasing all forms of toxins. some are mental. some are physical. some are just the brain rerouting. it is rough. but be motivated by the fact that you are in metamorphosis.

The Raw Lion 440 pounds to 225 pounds!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables