Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Greetings from South East Missouri
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 26, 2010 08:17PM

Or maybe its just plain Misery. I've been raw for about one week. Had to do something for health reasons. I'm Diabetic. I followed the southbeach diet for several months but my Blood sugar clogged at 160 and refused to go down. I refuse to take pharmaceutical drugs so had to locate the answer to bring it down farther. I found the book "There is a Cure For Diabetes" by Gabriel Cousens and bought it. My first impression was . . you gotta be kidding, I bought this book? I knew the answer was in there somewhere but there was so much information to assimilate and it was scattered all over and followed no logical path. I finally got some picture of what was there and started green juice fasting. Within two days my Blood sugar lowered to 149, then further and then further. As of this morning it was at 96. My biggest problem with this particular book is that it is too commercial for me. Several hundred pages of "spend money here". I'm sure this protocol works but I am retired and on a very limited budget, so I could never afford their retreats, much less many of their other offerings.

So here I am trying to learn how to prepare meals all over again. I'm almost afraid to eat. OK, so I bought his other book. Maybe I'll find out what I missed and continue on without stumbling all over myself.
Burness

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Greetings from South East Missouri
Date: April 01, 2010 06:58PM

This is my first post here as I have been lurking. I also reside in SE MO!! There are alot of good Raw books and many resources online. I myself am just getting started.

Date: June 27, 2010 01:00AM

Hello! Nice to see some fellow Missourians! I'm from Central Missouri. I was surprised to find some fellow raw foodists here. It seems like it would be one of the least likely places.

Posted by: RAWLION ()
Date: June 29, 2010 12:45AM

raw foodists keep popping up all over just because it IS the answer to 99% of most peoples problems. focus on green smoothies. cousens can be overwhelming yes, but other people can be a bit more simple but the premise is all their. raw food cures ailments. I use green smoothies everyday and this is the nutrition humans are missing in their diets. plain and si mple we need to be eating tons more greens in our diets. and pureed up in a smoothie is a great way to make it absorbable by the body !!! i just moved to california 1.5 years ago, i grew up in STL. I miss it a little, but I sure don't miss the humidity or the backward thinking.

The Raw Lion 440 pounds to 225 pounds!

Re: Greetings from Mid West Missouri
Date: August 10, 2010 01:10AM

I too am doing the raw food life style for health reasons. Although the 16 pounds Ive lost since the 4th of July has been an added blessing... Im never going back... I have found this to be the best kept secret in town... My circle of friends have never even heard of such a life style

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables