Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Hello from Iraq!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 28, 2010 11:16AM

Hello all! I have been raw now for about 2 months, since that time I have lost 55-60lbs. without really even trying. I started this because my wife had mentioned that she wanted to eat more raw, like 75-80%. I started researching the merits of raw and quickly seen the health advantages and common sense of it. I started immediately. I had always been a big meat eater, never thought I would do this, but my biggest goal is for my family to be healthy, spiritually, mentally, emotionally, physically, and finacially. I figure for this to happen I need to lead by example. I weighed 255-260 when I started, was not fat per sey, but was heavy I guess. I did not even try to lose this wieght, it melted away, I did not really exercise much besides the ride to and from work. Now I am a little less than 200, I weigh again in a week, been weighing about every 3 weeks. I had always thought I ate healthy but now I see the truth about health. I am somewhat limited here, on a mil. base in Iraq for what I can eat. Everything is geared towards cooked foods. I eat ALOT of fruit. Melon, banana, oranges, tangerines, celery, carrots, pineapple, pear, apples, kiwi, grapes; ordered a bunch of stuff online- almonds, cashews, pistachios, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, cracker things, almond bars, different sprouted cereals, a raw chocolate bar. I also have a fresh life sprouter, I have been sprouting for about 3 weeks now. I like the larger sprouts best, like the mixed bean sprouts. I also just started a program, the hundred pushup program. I just finished week one, and supposed to start week 2 today, but my arm is too sore. I recently got a resistance band set and started yoga also, not so good yet, but trying. I have bought a couple books, really like the Sunfood Diet Success System by David Wolfe so far. Is pretty encompassing as far as health is concerned, more than just diet, takes alot of things into account. Well, wanted to say hello.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hello from Iraq!
Posted by: RAWLION ()
Date: March 29, 2010 10:36AM

nice, sound like you've seen the light! it feels awesome when you feel your body burning the fuel better than you ever thought it could. I've lost 122 pounds so far! I went raw vegan last sept. 11th. I was cheated some in the holidays, though I stayed totally vegan. I went 100% again in january, and i feel so much better just eating awesome raw foods. Its crucial to work on getting green smoothie into you. It is a super way to digest everything in the greens. Right on, raw in iraq!!!!!!

The Raw Lion 440 pounds to 225 pounds!

Date: March 29, 2010 10:59AM

Congrats on the weigh drop. I just got my blender today, wqas experimenting with different concoctions, will get the rest of my stuff tomorrow I hope. I have different fruit powders and nuts and all kinds of stuff. I think I just ruined the smoothie I just made, was not bad, had cantelope, carrot, celery and banana, then I added lemon and cucumber. Not awful, was just better before. I have wheatgrass powder, thats about all the greens there are over here, I I buy that online. Your right about feeling the difference too. Feels great, I do want to eat this way from now on, didnt ever plan on this, was a cook for a long time, was pretty good at it, but now that I know what it does, I dont want it anymore. Gotta check out this blender forum, get some ideas.

Posted by: RAWLION ()
Date: March 29, 2010 05:30PM

The key to the green smoothie is fruit, water, greens. And in your situation the wheatgrass powder is perfect!! it will get you through until you can use fresh greens. Keep in mind that even lettuce counts as a green, though not as strong. Just google "green smoothie recipes" and you will see the balance. all the veggies make the smoothie kind of odd. Like carrot for instance, very fibrous. makes a smoothie nasty quick. Focus on a fruit smoothie, then add your wheatgrass and whatever else. be careful, as the easiest way to ruin a smoothie is to add too much stuff thinking it will help, but in reality greens are already a super food, so all you need is maybe some fruit, greens, water. plus i add usually some sunflower seeds, or flax seeds, flax oil.

The Raw Lion 440 pounds to 225 pounds!

Date: March 29, 2010 08:33PM

Cool! Thanks for the tips. Ya, think that's what I did added too much. Cant wait till my order gets here. I have almonds, cahsews, pistachios, flax, sunflower, pumpkin, all kinds of stuff coming. Got some fruit powders too, maca, magosteen, and something else. Should make for some good smoothies. grinning smiley BTW, good looking kiddo you got!

Date: May 28, 2010 05:33AM

Hi welcome here!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables