Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

New to Live Foods
Posted by: jthompson ()
Date: April 04, 2010 06:55PM

Hi folks,

I have been lingering around this site for a few days and enjoying reading all of the wonderful posts that have been shared. I have so much to learn and I hope to continue with this process.

My husband and I have been vegans for about 15 years and are just starting to become interested in raw foods. We've started drinking green smoothies and doing things like soaking our nuts and dehydrating them. Wow! Walnuts taste completely different that way!...We've sprouted some wheat and used them in our breakfast smoothies that are mostly fruit, sprouted grains, and sprouted sunflower seeds.

I just wanted to stop in and say hi to everyone and let you know how much I enjoy reading your experiences.

Re: New to Live Foods
Posted by: Pistachio ()
Date: April 04, 2010 07:58PM

Welcome, wish you success in your new endeavor.

Wishing you vibrant health

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: April 04, 2010 11:18PM

Hi, jthompson! Welcome. You and your husband are well on your way! I look forward to reading your experiences too. smiling smiley

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: RAWLION ()
Date: April 05, 2010 04:06PM

YES, you have fouund the true light!!! Now you can catch up on your nutrition!!!! What a great feeling, I too worship green smoothie. Welcome.

The Raw Lion 440 pounds to 225 pounds!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 12, 2010 07:15PM

Hello, JThompson and everybody! I, too, am new to Raw Living. Been a vegetarian for about 18 years and a "wanna-be" vegan for fewer. After being employed in a hospital working directly with cancer patients,and witnessing all of the illness, suffering,and dying, I finally decided to go the full step and go Raw.

Getting the hang of my Green Smoothies each morning - Love my new Vita-Mix! - and am anxiously awaiting the delivery of my food dehydrator so I can add more foods to my food repetoire. Glad to be here and looking forward to some great connections. Peace and Blessings to you all. ;-))

Date: April 12, 2010 09:36PM

Hiya, RawHija! I just had a banana-blueberry-mango green smoothie for breakfast this morning. Yee-ha! Someday I'll get a Vita-Mix. You are lucky to have one. Welcome to the site. smiling smiley

My favorite raw vegan

Date: April 15, 2010 02:09PM

Hello, Trive!

Thanks for the "welcome." What kind of greens do you put in your smoothie? I'm trying to steer away from the "powdered" greens and stick with actual vegies. I've been doing kale, romaine lettuce, broccoli florets, celery, with an apple and two small bananas, a squirt of agave syrup and a cup of water. Mmmmmmmmm! Very delicious and filling. That's how I start my day. How long have you been "raw" and how much do you do, 100% or less?

Anyway, have a fantastic day!!

Date: April 15, 2010 08:26PM

RawHija,

I use different lettuces mostly and baby spinach sometimes. They have a mild, easily-disguised taste, so my smoothies are still fruity and sweet. I keep silverbeet, sprouts and such for salads. I tried powdered barley grass out of curiosity, but yuck; it had a very dead taste - not good! No powders for me either.

Maybe with time (or a better blender) I'll develop a more mature tastes. Ha!

I have been almost 100% raw for 10 months now.

All good things to you...

Trive

My favorite raw vegan

Date: July 01, 2010 09:26PM

Hello,

I’m Dominique Lebeau, Nurse, Naturopath, Gourmet raw food chef and educator certified by Living Light Culinary Arts Institute. I’m from Montréal, Québec, Canada. Open to meet somebody.

I went to Hippocrates Health Institute 3 years ago. After that, a friend talked to me about Hallelujah Acres and I bought all the books of Dr David Brownstein and Iodoral. I refused an hysterectomy. I recovery before my visit to the institute with dark green leafy juices 3 times a day, 8 onces…and Iodoral help me a lot too after.

I'm glad to be healthy now. I invite you on my facebook page. Feel free to share somethings about health. Did you recovery from sicknesses? Do you want to share your testimonies ?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables