Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

A new golden beginning
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 30, 2010 04:09PM

Hello all!
I have been reading post on this site for awhile and have found them informative, people being supportive of each other, and certainly a place to talk about what one wouldn't talk about very much out and about as most don't understand why we would want to eat this way.
I chose the name GoldenRain as there was a time of great healing and hope for me as I was recovering from an illness and room was painted gold, and especially in the late afternoon the entire room took on a dreamy golden use. I refer to that as my Golden Room Beginning. Right now the rain makes me think of the old, parched, and dormancy of my life as being washed away and replaced by freshly birthed spring growth and change.
Easting a mostly raw diet has for a long time seemed like the absolute best way a person could eat, and doing so would be the best thing one could ever do for themselves. I have been trapped by the quicksand of compulsive eating for years, and as of the past 2 or 3 months have decided that beginning this new way of eating, consuming mostly fresh fruit and vegetables along with certain seeds and nuts is THE WAY for me to go and to aim to live for the rest of my life.
I had thought that I needed to stop the compulsive eating first and THEN start the raw food way, but have found the opposite is working! As I am adding more and more delicious raw food into my diet, miraculously my appetite, my cravings, my desire and "need" to eat for emotional reasons, stress, etc. all all dropping away like the leaves of trees as autumn approaches.
I am AMAZED at this, and how it is becoming so much easier to eat the way I have decided (raw, vegan, less calories, etc.).
This is definitely still a time of transition (and of mess-ups) and this post is probably getting much too long, but I just HAVE To share this with someone as no one around me would understand.
I just had toe surgery and stocked up my refrigerator with lots of food so I don't have to maneuver 32 tricky stairs on crutches very often. I have mostly fruit and veggies, and some seeds and powders and seaweed, but also added some cooked food as I wanted to give myself that option and not go through surgery and the complete switch to raw (have been doing about 50% up til now) at the same time. And guess what I have discovered? After eating the 'comforting' cooked food for a few days (other than some yummy soup right when i came home from hosp), it is not agreeing with me and I DON'T WANT THE COOKED FOOD! This is wonderful and I just had to share it with someone! Right now I am really looking forward to some carrot/celery/apple juice I just juiced.
I could say so much more, am groggy from pain meds which I want to get away from ASAP, and am wanting to continue with this new adventure toward a completely different way of living, living raw and healthier.
For all of you who read this, thanks for listening and sorry if I just went on and on. I am hopeful and very motivated,and I know this site and all of you will be a part of helping me along the way as I hope I can help you too!
Enjoying this wonderful new and very golden with hope adventure,
Carol

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A new golden beginning
Posted by: Trive ()
Date: May 01, 2010 01:57AM

Thank you for sharing. You write beautifully.

You sound well on your way to a healthier, vibrant - golden - life.

I, too, don't have the attraction to cooked foods that I thought would always be a temptation for me. Today I was looking at a photo of pancakes on the cover of a cookbook and it looked revolting to me. That I am revolted (or at least not attracted) by most cooked foods continues to surprise me. In my former life I would have drooled a little just at the sight of a photo of tempting food. Now I crave cucumber! How crazy is that?

Write again soon and let us know how things are going for you.

My favorite raw vegan

Date: May 01, 2010 10:30PM

Thank you Trive! I like that you crave cucumbers. Last week I started to 'crave' lettuce. I mean that is what I wanted, and that is what I ate, and that is what I enjoyed eating! And I was satisfied. What a change from other cooked food type of cravings.

Posted by: RAWLION ()
Date: May 14, 2010 03:00PM

WOW! yes, yes i'm an ex eating addict also. these years of our suffering do shed away slowly like leaves in the fall. We are blessed and healed by the earth, through her delicious foods.

The Raw Lion 440 pounds to 225 pounds!

Date: May 17, 2010 07:10PM

I just started on this new path yesterday. I am thrilled with how I am already feeling. I do have one question however, is it normal to get a headache when you begin? I have had a slight headache on and off today. I am so excited about this new way of living and the healthy benefits.

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: May 17, 2010 08:16PM

whatever1,

Glad to hear you're excited and already experiencing positive results!

As to the headache... People report a variety of different detox symptoms the first few days of eating a raw diet. Detox is your body shedding old junk from a not-as-healthy diet. (When I was addicted to coffee, whenever I'd miss my usual cuppa, I'd get a headache.) As you heal and rebuild healthy tissue, detox symptoms will go away. Drinking a lot of water and juice helps "flush" your system, so be sure to get plenty, especially now.

I hope you write again and let us know how it's going for you.

My favorite raw vegan

Date: May 18, 2010 12:30AM

Thank you for your encouragment. By the way: it is 8:24 p.m. and the headaches are GONE! I felt so energized today and am looking forward to getting up tomorrow and feeling the same way. I suffer from depression and bi-polar disorder so on and off it is a struggle to get up in the morning; well, I'm actually looking forward to a new day tomorrow which feels wonderful. I am so blessed to have found this new way of looking at the world and what I put into my body. I am overweight and this was a driving force for the changes I am making but...I am even more motivated after the way I felt today. Aside from the occasional headaches I am starting to feel like my body is getting cleaner and ready to start a new life. I hope to loose 100 lbs. within the next year and to become truely healthy. I have struggled with weight problems for years now so something had to give. Today I passed Wendy's (their fries were my weakness) and it made me sick to my stomach. Actually at this very moment I am craving kiwi. I have always loved raw fruits and veggies but I never thought I'd crave them. Thank you all for your support, I'm so ready to take this new step.

Posted by: cyclopsicle ()
Date: May 18, 2010 12:56AM

Congrats! I also suffer from depression and bipolar and when I stick to a raw diet I become very calm and laidback, more even and optimistic too. Good luck and in times of doubt, remember the reasons for which you're starting! I fell off the bandwagon HARD and often, but when I remember that I want mental clarity it's easier to stick to this lifestyle. smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables