Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Brand New smiling smiley
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 03, 2010 04:29AM

Hello. :]

I'm very new to the Raw Vegan diet. In fact, I'm three days in, and it's almost time for bed. Tomorrow will be my fourth day. After doing research on this lifestyle, I'm VERY excited about it. I'm doing it cold turkey after putting much thought into this.

Long story short, I've got a good bit of Native American in my blood. Years of eating junk, I developed a disease called "Insulin Resistance Disease". I was diagnosed a year ago, so ever since I've been trying to lose weight and improve my health to save my life from Diabetes. So far, (this is over a course of a year), I've lost forty pounds. I'm continuing to run, drink lots of water, I'm just cutting out the crap now with this Raw Food diet (lifestyle). So far, in just almost three days, I've lost about three pounds, so it's working. I have a ton more energy now, like when I'm done with a run I can stay awake instead of throwing myself on my bed for sleep. Speaking of sleep, I am sleeping a lot better, and not suffering from Insomnia.

Last night I had a hard time emotionally though. I probably wasn't eating enough, because as soon as I ate some fruit and veggies I felt almost completely better. The first night was brutal as well. I know this is going to be tough, but I'm excited about where this might take me. Feels like my body is thanking me. I had some trouble with detoxing through my skin already, I'm sweating more, and etc. I cool with that... I realize this is just my body healing itself.

With that said, I was wondering if any one had any tips for a newbie? Any past experiences/mistakes that you've made that might help me? Also, I love to run and I feel like I'm on new territory with nurturing my body properly with this lifestyle. It can be kind of scary. Even though I'm still eating a lot and I'm actually running longer with more energy, I was just curious if there's something I should look out for. Any advice and encouragement would be appreciated. Thanks. smiling smiley

Re: Brand New smiling smiley
Posted by: Trive ()
Date: June 03, 2010 09:09AM

Hi! And welcome!!

Like you, I went raw "cold turkey" and don't regret it. Although lots of people prefer to transition to a raw diet slowly, I think it helped me be successful to have it be really clear what I was going to eat and what I was not. I'm a person who can slide down a slippery slope of "just a little piece of cheese" and then another and another. Cutting out dairy made it simple and the benefits were much more apparent than if I had gradually decreased the amount I ate.

However, that said, I think it's important not to freak out if (when) you slip up and eat something you wish you hadn't. It's not failure. It's just an opportunity to get right back on track. I found it got easier and easier to eat what made me feel so good. I hope it's that way for you too.

I'm excited about your excitement.

Enjoy your running.

My favorite raw vegan

Re: Brand New smiling smiley
Posted by: RAWLION ()
Date: June 03, 2010 10:50AM

sounds like you have some good momentum already !!!! thats awesome!!!! I too went cold turkey raw vegan last september. So far I have lost 140 pounds and counting! You are on the right track. Yes, your body is going to go through some nasty cleansing. this detox is gonna show up at times not only physically,like odd moments of dark lethargy that don't seem synergistic with living foods. and of course the pimples and skin itching . But you are also gonna go through potentially dark phases of weird mental shifts. Like the toxins freed up in your body may also make you sort of depressed at times, and of course a new lifestyle can do that anyway. The good thing is you are gonna go through the hardest phase in the summer!!! thats great, because you won't be dealing with lack of sun or anything. I preach about raw greens. This is the one main food we all need to focus on eating much more of. Ideally everyday you get some sort of green smoothie or juice in your body. I worship green smoothies and wheatgrass juice. this is the secret to catching up on all those years of lost nutrients. and that is what our body is doing, catching up. its almost like our body's just wait for nutrients, and so many of us just go on and on starving, though we stuff our mouths! YUK!
anyway, you are doing great already!! just have faith, which it sounds like you do, and you will be changed. I lost an average of a pound a day for many months. I have maybe 40-50 more pounds left. All I know is i have been getting up at dawn and walking or riding my bike, and this is coming from a lazy person! You're on the right path!!!! HAVE FUN WITH IT!!! talk about liberating!

The Raw Lion 440 pounds to 225 pounds!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables