Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

New from Vancouver Canada
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 29, 2010 10:19PM

Hi all,
Just found this site while looking for some sprouting advice. I am not living raw even close to 100% or even vegetarian (would be next to impossible in my house hold!) but want/need to incorporate more raw foods into my families diet for health reasons. Some things have been hits so far and a few big misses. I'm searching around for a decent "ice cream" recipe since my children need to have their daily intake of this substance. Not sure if it's due to my lack of a good blender/food processor but I made a coconut cream and it was terrible!

Re: New from Vancouver Canada
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 06, 2010 01:37AM

Hey Vancouver...

I am a loan vege in my household and did I hear it growing up. I am new to the RAW foodist ways as well and one dish I learned about, which is not particularly "ice cream" but is desert and in the same "smooth, creamy, cold" family is one made with the chai seed. Taken from NaturalNews.com you make it with 4-5 tbs chai seed, 2 cups almond milk, raw honey or agave syrup to sweeten. Can combine ingredients to your taste (or make a double portion for larger families I'd imagine) and need to let the chai soak for 10 mins before serving. Also says you can add flavors like vanilla, cinnamon, or cardamom.

Don't give up living your healthier life!

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: July 06, 2010 01:52AM

I think you mean chia seed. I like it too. I frequently make "puddings" by soaking chia seeds in water and then mixing in pureed fruit. Of course you can add nuts, dried fruit, and anything else you want.

As to ice cream... I make sorbets. I freeze banana slices and blend them in a food processor with other fruit. I only add water if necessary. Banana/blueberry is my favorite. Banana/mango is yummy. Heck, just plain ole bananas are good! I'm all for quick, easy and delicious.

I've been adding more and more raw to my husband's diet. Other than salads, the sorbets were my first success. Good luck with adding raw for you and your family.

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: Krista1987 ()
Date: July 06, 2010 01:54PM

Hey

I am from Victoria

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables