Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

New From Spain!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 03, 2010 02:49PM

Hi every one!
I have recently watched the documentary "Simply Raw: Reversing Diabetes in 30 Days" and all do I'm not diabetic I have decided to dive in into this new adventure of a healthier living...
I have always been very conscious of all natural things and looking after the body but never at this scale! I dated a vegetarian for 2 years and I mostly followed her diet at the time, since then I also cut back drastically on the amount of meet that I ate, I have decided to empty my fridge (eat whats in it, I can't trow away any food) and start fresh!
I gave up smoking 7 years ago and I think I can do this!
I know its going to be hard, Spain is a country were veganism and vegetarianism are not understood in a wide vases and that will make it difficult to control outside my own home... so ill star doors in and work my way out one step at a time.

I'm 29 years old and fool of life, but I have notice that my health is not as it used to be!
I guess the most important thing is to have a balanced and varied diet! can any one suggest a monthly plan I can begin with?

I hope I can find the support I need here!
Its great that more of us are begin to understand that we need to make drastic changes to the way we are living as it is not sustainable!

All the best for everyone, love and peace!

BigR

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New From Spain!
Posted by: Trive ()
Date: July 03, 2010 11:26PM

Hola, BigR!

Welcome to raw food! I don't have a monthly plan. I just go to the grocery often and eat lots and lots of fresh food.

I start each morning with fruit... often a smoothie of mixed fruits with lettuce or baby spinach. Fortunately, I LOVE bananas, a big part of my diet.

For lunch I often have a salad or wrap. A while back I posted some recipes for wrap fillings. I'll add something to that forum so it'll come to the top of the recipe thread and you can see if there would be something you like there. I also like to make chia seed "puddings" with chia seeds, water and pureed fruit.

When I get hungry throughout the day, I eat whole fruit. (Occasionally I'll have nuts or seeds as a snack, but I usually have them mixed in a salad or wrap because I try to keep my fat intake around 10 to 15% of my daily intake.)

In the evening - surprise! - it's fruit or salad. smiling smiley

On the home page of this site you can get to lots of recipes if you want more variety or you can send me a private message with your regular email address and I'll send a list a recipes to you that you might like. (It's too much of a hassle to get the formatting to work for sending the recipes via private message.)

Good luck and have fun! Write again and tell us how it's going for you.

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 14, 2010 03:01PM

Hi Trive!

Today was my fist real raw day! Its taken me a wille to get rid of all the junk in the fridge but I feel really good for it!
I been eating a lot of fruit specially when I crave for sweets, those have now turned into grapes and it works!
Today I had the zucchini spaghetti and it was not bad! I think summer is probably the best time to get started on raw foods as you want to eat more fresh stuff and less heated dishes.
I think I will do fine as I love experimenting in the kitchen and will come up with my own recipes soon.

Well thank you all, Peace and Love!!

BigR

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: August 25, 2010 02:55PM

Hi.
You have support here and all the friends you could want to talk to about your new journey.

Vinny

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables