Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Newby
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 15, 2010 02:12AM

Ive always been intrigue by the raw.living food diet and am at a time in my life when i feel i can deffinitely benefit from it....im falling apart! Im on a very limited income, social security disabillty due to sever arthritic changes in my back that have required 3 surgeries so far to put in rods and other hardware to reconstruct my spine.Limited resources prevent me from eating properly, bad food is cheap...good food cost more money! Any suggestions in this area will be greatly appreciated. Im also over weight, suffer from fatigue and well....just feel like crap all the time! Its time for something drastic! I know changing my diet will help become healthier and to feel better. Any help offered toward my new adventure will be graciously accepted and most desirable! Thankyou and I look forward to making some new friends!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Newby
Posted by: Curator ()
Date: December 15, 2010 02:41AM

Welcome to the site! foraging/ scavenging can help allot, so its good to find out what kind of edible plants are in your area.

If its down to survival, here is what I do, I buy bulk rice (got 50lb bags of brown rice at an asian market for $20) and red beans, $10 for a 20lb bag, I cook them, eat them as my base protein, then I get whatever veggies and fruits I can get on a good sale, where I have moved there are allot of citrus trees and fig trees, and I have been picking them with the permission of some of the people, others where they say no...well, its survival, I just sit there and watch their fruit fall to the ground and they never pick it up...so why should I let it rot when I NEED it?

Also, I have in the past had to talk to bakeries about old bread and stuff...Many bakeries will sell day old, but on the second day throw it out, Ive in the past had many save old bread for me, sometimes they even include a bit of fresh stuff in there to be nice... but if you can forage fresh fruits and veggies, that is the best option! Local churches will often help with food as well.

If you have room for a garden though, that would be awesome! window gardens can help too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2010 02:43AM by Curator.

Re: Newby
Posted by: Februarygirl ()
Date: January 26, 2011 02:32PM

Hi Bellesmiling smiley Sounds like you have been through a lot. I have seen great results just by making a large smoothie in the morning and drinking half then and another half in the afternoon. These green smoothies dont have to be complicated. Get whatever fruits are in season, bananas, apples, oranges, grapes, strawberries, etc...get what is on sale that week and your green of choice...mine is baby spinach, or kale. A head can last you all week. Throw a bit of each in the blender with water and there is your food for the day. Maybe the rice and beans would be a good inexpensive dinner staple. Best to you!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables