Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Hismiling smiley new to this community
Posted by: Februarygirl ()
Date: January 22, 2011 04:42PM

Hi all...This seems like a very nice community. I have tried others and they don't seem to be maintained. I have a long history of alternative health seeking...from macrobiotics to herbal and magnetic therapy, to here, over a 25 year span. I became a vegeterian a year ago and have consumed almost no dairy. Three weeks ago I stopped eating sugar and started eating a mostly raw diet. I also weaned myself slowly from an antidepressant I have been on for three years and am trying to very slowly eliminate caffeine. That one will take some time! I suffer from chronic fatigue. I also had thyroid cancer several years ago. The first two weeks were hell. I was so discouraged. I felt so bad! My expectations were too high but I knew that I had made some pretty drastic changes and that my body was going through a lot. The acne was a good sign to me. I also wanted to just cry at the amount of info I was taking in...conflicting opinions on different raw approaches. Like I said I reached out to several communities and my posts were never replied to. One thing I learned for myself is to minimize the quantity of my food, no matter what is is. When I needed to lie down after a green smoothie one morning it hit me that I simply took in too much for my body to handle. I'm quite sure I have a very tired digestive system due to many antibiotics and steroids and possible candida. So a week ago I started having fresh lemon water first thing (after my devilish coffee), then when I feel hungry I have my green smoothie, only without avocado, and only half. I save the rest for afternoon. I drink lemon water in between. I can't tell you all how much better I feel. I feel as if I am figuring this out. Once evening comes I am really wanting some foods like bread, pasta, crackers, etc...so my new hurdle is to not overeat in the evening. I do want to lose at least 10 lbs. So I know this is a long intro but I am really happy to feel results. It is beyond depressing to be so tired, sick, and toxic feeling that you can't take care of your family the way you'd like to or get done the wonderful ideas that run through my mind...so depressing! So please have a wonderful weekend everyone! Thanks for "listening"!

februarygirl

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hismiling smiley new to this community
Posted by: Trive ()
Date: January 24, 2011 05:32AM

Hi, Februarygirl,

Thank you for writing. I LOVE reading about how people figure things out and find out what works for them. We are all different and tweaking gets us to the best answers.

Raw food helped me with my energy levels, but be warned: When you first quit caffiene, you'll likely want to sleep for two days. I did! It wasn't chronic fatigue for me - just caffiene withdrawal.

Best wishes and WELCOME!

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: Februarygirl ()
Date: January 24, 2011 12:28PM

Hey, thanks for your reply!! I absolutely love your profile pic!!! How long and to what extent have you been raw?

februarygirl

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: January 25, 2011 07:05PM

Februarygirl,
I'm something like 80% or 90% raw now. I have written about my ups and downs going raw in the diary forum under "Adventures in the Raw Food World." I'm no expert, but glad to tell you about my experiences and read about yours. I hope it's going well for you.

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: veghunter ()
Date: January 25, 2011 07:43PM

Hi, FebruaryGirl. Welcome. I hope your symptoms continue to subside as your results improve. I have a tendency to want to graze in the evenings too. I've started keeping a pint of grape tomatoes or blueberries with me and it helps with the desire to snack. Hopefully, you'll find something that works for you. Keep working at it. smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables