Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

New Raw Athlete....need recipe ideas!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 02, 2011 10:19PM

Hi Raw friends!

I am new to this raw food deal. I have been vegetarian for 8 years, but now ready to step it up! I am a long distance runner...and I lift weights regularly. I would LOVE to hear of great high protein meals/ smoothie ideas.

Also, what are the recommended fruit intake per day for someone who is an athlete?

Right now I am focusing on variety...and experimenting a lot!

Hope to hear other athletes/ exercise enthusiasts about their experience eating raw!

Aksinya

Re: New Raw Athlete....need recipe ideas!
Posted by: Trive ()
Date: February 03, 2011 03:20AM

Add greeeeens to your smoothies!!! Spinach is high in protein. (Thanks for the tip, Popeye!)

Enter the foods you eat in a day on www.fitday.com and see where you need more nutrients. Variety is the key. You don't need to get it all in one day.

Fruits are great for energy. Veggies are great for minerals. (Include a few nuts and seeds now and then too.)

Check out the recipes on the recipe forum and on the home page. There are lots of good ideas.

Good luck

smiling smiley

My favorite raw vegan

Re: New Raw Athlete....need recipe ideas!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 08, 2011 12:41AM

Have you read the book Raw Power by Stephen Arlin? lots of good recipes and info in there.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables