Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Young but with pure Raw passion
Posted by: Angelgome ()
Date: February 25, 2011 09:23AM

Hello,

My name is Angel Gomez and I have joined this forum for support on my waking passion for this world.

I am 20 and live in NYC. I have had amazing experiences with the healing capabilities of a well made raw food diet. By well made I meant towards the food combining part.

Little over one and half year ago, I came down with a deep depression due to a lack of purpose in my life and didn't know what to do. A very loved friend and doctor of mine introduced me to this so called raw diet and we talked about another friend of mine that was having a problem with his digestive system which after 10 colonoscopies, many other test, and radical suggestions. He had no solution to his problem.

My doctor suggested that I should help him with some information he will provide me. I had nothing better to do and so I agreed and since my friend was in daily pain he was willing to try anything.

Long story short...

In three weeks, his pain was relieved completely. He looked and said he felt amazing. In fact, I've never seen the guy happier than at those times.

I found a new passion it wasn't only in raw foods but in helping people. Gave my life a bit of relief and hope. I decided to first gather myself and went to a soul searching trip to Colombia. For six months I worked in agriculture and learn a lot on the essence of humans, nature, and about myself.

I'm now back in NY and decided to get involved in the Raw world even deeper. I want to work in this world not for the money but for the passion and love I have for it and for helping people.

Now for the reason I joined the forum...

How do I start?

I was planning to take the course Alissa Cohen offers in Maine just to have some sort of certification.

Thank for your time. Reply with any insight you guys may have.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Young but with pure Raw passion
Posted by: Inky ()
Date: February 28, 2011 09:34PM

Heya Angel,

You have a very sweet name. smiling smiley
I'm sorry I can't give you much insight... this is only Day Two of my own raw foodiness.

But I'm 19 years old, which makes me almost your age. =)
It's so great that you love helping people...

Me, I'm another sick one looking for a cure...
Impossible to believe that I didn't itch last night (I have cronic eczema) and my sisters reckon it was just chance, cos how can a weird diet work so fast?

Impossible? Improbable? Or just plain lodgical?

I reckon you should take the course if you can. Just what I reckon though... course I know nothing about it.
Not much insight from me, really... sorry about that.

Guess I just wanted to say Hi. =D

- Inky

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: February 28, 2011 09:35PM

Heya Angel, welcome to the forum too, id give more of a response, but im about to fall asleep where I am sitting, so I will have to get back to you, but in the meantime, I wish you all the luck possible on your new journey into raw <3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: March 01, 2011 04:33AM

I don't know anyting about certification. I have mostly read on my own and liked these websites when I firsst got started on raw food.

Debbie Took's website has tons of great information:
[www.rawforlife.co.uk]

This one has info too that you might like to read:
[www.rawfoodexplained.com]

This one is good for checking out what nutrients you might be lacking. You put in what you eat in a day.
[www.fitday.com]

Here are some sites with recipes:
[www.goneraw.com]
[www.allrawrecipes.com]
[www.fromsadtoraw.com]
[gliving.com]

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: Angelgome ()
Date: March 03, 2011 11:34PM

@Inky I have seen about four people get rid of their eczema with the raw diet. Be sure you look into detox. On the upcoming spring break, consider some green juicing therapy for about four days. My personal favorite is Kale, Lemon(with peel has to be organic though), Green apple, and a piece of ginger. You should add cucumbers to your juices manganese and silica will do your skin really good.

@Curator I really appreciate it.

@Trive Thank you very much! Do you do this as a career? For some reason, I don't feel right calling this a career haha I like to say service to humanity.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables