Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Today I am Raw (in New Zealand!)
Posted by: Inky ()
Date: February 28, 2011 03:50AM

Heya everyone,

I go by Inky, and I'm from New Zealand. Supposed to be from Christchurch but... well, I guess most of you know what's been going on there. Apperently its been all over the World News... but anyhow. I've escaped down south with my sisters, so its ok for me. smiling smiley

Anyway. I am new here... and so new to this whole Raw Food thing!

I've heard it can cure all your problems... and I seriously need a cure. :p

I got chronic eczema. I've had it for years and years and no matter what the doctors give me nothing works! It just gets worse... though guess you don't want all the gross details about seeping and bleeding and crazy itchyness

I also got chronic fatigue. (See, I'm a problem child!)
And I'm pretty sure I'm addicted to Sugar. Cos I feel if I don't eat sugar then I'm gonna die... pretty lame, huh.
I know some people got it worse, but i really really need a cure...

And my older sister totally scorns this idea, and though my twin is supportive she is skeptical and doesn't believe being Raw will help...

So I guess I've joined this place to beg for support...
I hope no one minds...

All my love,
Inky

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Today I am Raw (in New Zealand!)
Posted by: Curator ()
Date: February 28, 2011 04:24AM

Hey, its what we are here for! one thing I have to warn you about though, is there are A LOT of various ideas of what is the "best" raw food diet, and some people on here are very passionate about it... in the end though it should come down to what makes YOU feel best, try not to get caught up in any of the extremism, it can be VERY hard not to when first getting into this... id suggest just starting somewhere in the middle of it all (anything raw vegan, anything high in fats in moderation,whatever feels best for you, foods preferably in as much variety as possible) and don't be afraid of a few non-raw things if you need them, like a couple brazil nuts a week or something like that... and if you mess up occasionally, do not beat yourself up over it, that will do you more harm than good in the long run *huggles* good luck <3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Date: February 28, 2011 09:04PM

Hi Curator smiling smiley

Thanks for the advise!
I'll try not to get lost in all the 'best' raw diet ideas... guess at the moment I'm just munching on all the things that I suddenly seem to desperatly want to eat.
Like tomatoes (SO weird cos I always loathed them till now!)

And the weirdest thing happened... even after only one day of being a raw-foodie (is that what you call it?)
Anyway, my sisters think it's just chance, but last night I was not itchy.
When I sleep I have to wear bandages on my arms cos otherwise I wake up finding that I've clawed my skin off, and I normally wake up at least twice attacking these bandages... but last night, not once. o_o

Can this thing really work so fast?

And thank you for being so welcoming! =D

- Inky

Date: February 28, 2011 09:29PM

it is possible, it depends entirely on what was causing it to begin with, down the line, if its something you can afford, id suggest investing in a good juicer, or even a good blender, although the good blenders are considerably more... occasional short juice feast (2-3 days of just drinking lots of fresh veggie juice) seriously helped me a TON, with a number of things... and certain juicers, like the omega 8004, are really useful for a number of things, not just juicing, I love making whole fruit sorbets with mine... its really helped me cut out conventional desserts... Im no expert on all this stuff, but I am always willing to share what experience I do have with you when ya need it, id watch out for Tamukha, Coco, and Powerlifer too, they are really knowledgeable, and their advice has helped me out more than anyone elses ever has, they are also REALLY awesome individuals too, there are lots of other helpful people around here too...

your welcome, anytime <3 =^_^=

(tomatoes are soooo good for you, its good your craving them, they are AWESOME!!!...im so craving some now too,hahaha, eat an extra one for metongue sticking out smiley,lol)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: February 28, 2011 09:41PM

I did read that I should have a juicer, but I actually can't afford one at all. :/ Is it possible to do this thing without?

I got a blender, though it's not a super blender, I think it's pretty good... I did blend up frozen banana in it for a kind of ice-cream. =)

Ok, I will watch out for these so-knowledgeable people! Though almost anyone is gonna know more than me, so your advise is really great.
Great just to talk with someone who isn't thinking "dude, this is so not gonna work."

I'll eat for you two extra tomatoes! ^__^

- Inky

Date: February 28, 2011 09:54PM

Oh yeah, its totally possible! many do it without any of the fancy equipment and stuff, it IS really nice though, so saving up a couple extra dollars here and there, in like a juicer fund, till a few years later, you are able to afford one, could be a good idea... that is a pretty decent blender if it can do that! im sure its fairly tough on it though, green smoothies can be awesome for you! I do kale, banana, and some form of unsweetened juice (OJ is really good as a base,but I dont know how pricey it is over there) many people like to just use water... kale is seriously one of the most nutritious foods on the planet, but its kind of hard for the body to digest if it isnt blended or juiced... its cellular walls are tough!!! < I think you have a fairly good environment there to grow kale too! as long as you have the roomsmiling smiley

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: February 28, 2011 09:55PM

Also, thanks! I hope they are tastygrinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smiley

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: March 01, 2011 04:23AM

Kia Ora, Inky,

I haven't had a juicer and have done just fine. I use a food processor and a blender often, though.

When I started eating raw food, my allergies to whatever foods I had been allergic to stopped and I started sleeping through the night after just a few days. My skin felt moister too. And there were other benefits. So, yes, changes can happen quickly. (Some took longer, but were worth it! When I eat a low fat raw diet I don't have acid reflux or indigestion, although it took a while for me to achieve those benefits and when I am not careful about what I eat I experience them again.)

I have been living in Whakatane for the past 10 years, but right now I am at the airport in Auckland waiting for a plane to the US where I will be for a couple of years for a business project. I grew up in New Orleans and know how it feels to weep for the devastation of a beloved place and people. I am glad you are safe.

Good luck on your raw food path.

My favorite raw vegan

Date: March 01, 2011 06:10AM

Kia Ora! =D

Awesome to see that there's someone else from NZ here.
I've been to Whakatane coupla times and it's very very pretty.

That is so so cool that it works so fast! The raw foodie thing, I mean. Who knew getting better was so simple? (Note I say 'simple' and not 'easy'... really wanted to eat cookies today and DIDN'T! Wasna easy though...)

I'm so happy that you got cured from the things you suffered.
And I adore your picture of the donkey! So cute...

Have fun in the U.S... It really helps to know how much everyone is feeling for my city people.

- Inky

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables