Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Any serious runners?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 17, 2006 11:26PM

Hi!
You have such a wonderful thing going! I'm still at the "I desperately want to change, but first.....", ya know what I mean?
To make a long story short, I'm running my 4th marathon (in celebration of my 50th birthday) 10/14 and feel the need to eat what I've always eaten (with seemingly good results) in preparation for the race. High carb, pasta, etc., finally, a muffin and cup of black coffee (are you cringing?) a few hours before the start.
How do long distance runners on a raw food diet handle it? I'm most concerned about getting through long runs without having to stop and "relieve myself", to put it politely. It's bad enough in training when "runners' trots" hit, around here there are bushes and trees to hide behind, plus I run at the crack of dawn when it's just getting light and practically no one is out; but during a RACE, ohmygosh!!!
I was married to a raw foodist, never doubted that "his" way was best, made numerous attempts to let go of my attachment to the (vegan junk) foods I loved, but had a terrible time of it. I'd struggled with an eating disorder and what then seemed like deprivation really aggravated it. Plus other emotional stuff, stuff I understand far better @ 50 than I did @ 30. We've been divorced for 14 yrs.
And now our 15 yr old son is following in his dad's footsteps when it comes to food (only food, otherwise he's "MY" baby), I'm delighted to have a kid who eats so well, it's just not easy to afford all the fresh foods as a single mom. He's not interested in running, but likes hiking and walking.
Anyway, NOW I'm ready to change, for my own very different reasons.
After the race, but in the meantime, runners, please share your experiences with me, I'd appreciate it so much.
Sincerely,
Ellen

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables